Reparations for American Blacks

Dec 2011
No, I never claimed that I want an anarchy. I want as little power and funds in hands of government as possible because they are not working for you or me.
You are saying that governments are inherently evil BUT you want to have government!

You say that they are not working for you or me but you still want to have government!

Why?

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia
You are saying that governments are inherently evil BUT you want to have government!

You say that they are not working for you or me but you still want to have government!

Why?
Because i'm for a lesser evil not for a bigger good. Not that I'm living in a state as Venezuela or North Korea but it is still pretty flawed.

Aug 2011
The Castle Anthrax
Wow...
Almost 900 comments at the end of the article by the time I clicked on it. Nearly all in opposition. Yeah, I'm open to arguments that decedents of slaves have suffered damages from slavery, but wow... just wow. I don't think this is helpful. Are 272 lives worth a measly $27.20 fee? Perhaps this makes them feel better, absolves them of guilt. Allows them to party on. This seems to me to just pour salt into wounds rather than heal anything. At any rate, Bold move GU students. Bold move.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Wow...
Almost 900 comments at the end of the article by the time I clicked on it. Nearly all in opposition. Yeah, I'm open to arguments that decedents of slaves have suffered damages from slavery, but wow... just wow. I don't think this is helpful. Are 272 lives worth a measly $27.20 fee? Perhaps this makes them feel better, absolves them of guilt. Allows them to party on. This seems to me to just pour salt into wounds rather than heal anything. At any rate, Bold move GU students. Bold move.
well its $27 per semester and per student (of which as I understand there are about 4 500) so its about $120 000 per semester

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Plenty of people in Australia collect degrees after they retire.
Well tuition in G . U is about $50 000 per year.... so not every senior citizen can afford this kind of luxury.... (and what would be the point ?.... say 4 years of study minimum, that's $200K, how would a senior citizen be able to ever recoup this money ?)

Similar History Discussions