Reparations for American Blacks

Aug 2014
Australia
Well tuition in G . U is about $50 000 per year.... so not every senior citizen can afford this kind of luxury.... (and what would be the point ?.... say 4 years of study minimum, that's $200K, how would a senior citizen be able to ever recoup this money ?)
Easy. Don't live in the US. Nowhere else in the world has such extortionate education fees.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Well tuition in G . U is about $50 000 per year.... so not every senior citizen can afford this kind of luxury.... (and what would be the point ?.... say 4 years of study minimum, that's $200K, how would a senior citizen be able to ever recoup this money ?)
It is not a question to recoup the money, it is a question of being active and doing with their time things that they like. I don’t know if it is the case of the photo, don't know the lady or the situation in the USA, but it is relatively common senior persons take academic studies and degrees in Europe.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
It is not a question to recoup the money, it is a question of being active and doing with their time things that they like. I don’t know if it is the case of the photo, don't know the lady or the situation in the USA, but it is relatively common senior persons take academic studies and degrees in Europe.
Yes but in many european countries tuition is free (or almost).... not $50K per year as in G.U

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Yes but in many european countries tuition is free (or almost).... not $50K per year as in G.U
If I am not mistaken, in Portugal it can range from 1000 to 5000 euros, depending on the level, raising the fees will necessarily lower the people interested in it. In either case there is no return. It is not an investment.

who is "us" and what would be the "ethno" of that state ?
Those questions also crossed my mind and I second them.

Similar History Discussions