Republic of Macedonia or Republic of North Macedonia

Status
Closed
Aug 2019
North
There has been interesting development in macedonia. Republic of macedonia decided to change the name from republic of macedonia to republic of north macedonia.
Is anyone around here aware of the consequences that this "deal" between macedonia and greece will have on macedonia?
Our hypercorrupt government has already stated that there won't be any "revisions" of history, so in a simple vocabulary (and what's most important), inter alia macedonia won't be able to autonomously operate at the extremely rich macedonian archaeological sites - meaning that the macedonian history will remain crippled.
What are your thoughts on this "deal" between macedonia and greece history-wise?
The mods have fairly informed me that I've already saturated this forum with macedonian topics, so I encourage only the macedonia passionate to participate in the following, I hope, fair and comfortable debate.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
[...] inter alia macedonia won't be able to autonomously operate at the extremely rich macedonian archaeological sites[...]
What do you mean here, can you elaborate? "inter alia macedonia" is an archeological organization that doesn't have autorization from North Macedonia to dig sites?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
The deal (despite borza's mournings) says that all and any archaelogical objects dug out in macedonia have to be handed over to greece.
By "macedonia" here, you mean North Macedonia, I presume.

But I didn't knew that. Or better I don't know that. This requires a source. Could you provide it?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
There has been interesting development in macedonia. Republic of macedonia decided to change the name from republic of macedonia to republic of north macedonia.
Is anyone around here aware of the consequences that this "deal" between macedonia and greece will have on macedonia?
Our hypercorrupt government has already stated that there won't be any "revisions" of history, so in a simple vocabulary (and what's most important), inter alia macedonia won't be able to autonomously operate at the extremely rich macedonian archaeological sites - meaning that the macedonian history will remain crippled.
What are your thoughts on this "deal" between macedonia and greece history-wise?
The mods have fairly informed me that I've already saturated this forum with macedonian topics, so I encourage only the macedonia passionate to participate in the following, I hope, fair and comfortable debate.

You were told to stay away from these topics.

THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Closed