Revised History of the Bulgarians (Thracian connection)

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Of course I said it. And I ment it.

BTW
Ha! Do Romanians celebrate this? I thought it was only Bulgarian
Martenitsa/Martinka/Mărţişor was declared "Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity" at the joint proposal of Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia and Moldova (as it's to be found on the territory of those states; I think it's present sporadically in Serbia too - but Im not totally sure on that part)

Feb 2019
US
No, not really. Just a rule restriction. Any historian works with restrictions. History fans can do the same.
sure if you want to have fairy tales you can do that. historians often do the same (losing credibility for sometimes whole a lifetime of work that stands to be debunked by modern science).

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
sure if you want to have fairy tales you can do that. historians often do the same (losing credibility for sometimes whole a lifetime of work that stands to be debunked by modern science).
You need to elaborate on that. I don't have any idea of what you are talking about. This is not the "fairy tales" section.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
good. first step to recovery is acceptance :)
Don't count on that. As I said: when You'll post the gene for "ethnicity", we can go further. But it would help You to clarify Yourself what "ethnicity" is.

Anyway, this part of the pseudo-discussion is closed as:

- there is no such thing as an "ethnicity gene"

- it's totally absurd to even think at looking at a cultural trait through a biological lens (horse goggles would be a more appropriate term).

Feb 2019
US
Don't count on that. As I said: when You'll post the gene for "ethnicity", we can go further. But it would help You to clarify Yourself what "ethnicity" is.

Anyway, this part of the pseudo-discussion is closed as:

- there is no such thing as an "ethnicity gene"

- it's totally absurd to even think at looking at a cultural trait through a biological lens (horse goggles would be a more appropriate term).
how old are you? i am not trying to be funny. just please answer the question if you could. thanks

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
what is so weird about it? genetics traces your descent. language only traces your cultural affiliation. nothing weird if you know there is a bit of distinction between the two.
if you don't get this simple concept i am afraid i cannot help you further.
After your logic Aurelian, Constantine I, or Justinian were not romans! Fine: romanians are not the folowers of Octavian, Trajan, or Mark Aurelius, but of those wannabees Aurelian, Constantine, Justinian! But I want to ask you something : considering you'd find your genealogic tree 100 generations before. And you find at the generation 91 a cumman intervenea, at 86 a greek, at 75 a mongol, at 62 and 57 some Turks, at 34 a russian...so your dna would be a mess comparing with the bulgarians from 8 cnt, you'd not feel as bulgarian?

Similar History Discussions