Revised History of the Bulgarians (Thracian connection)

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
We are calling ourselves "români", which comes from "romani"(romans)! We are not calling ourselves "dâci"

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
I guess it's concluded...you are a moron....
And you should read better the rules of Historum.
The moderating team is going to consider your behavior. In the meanwhile avoid similar unsuitable comments not to make things worse for you.

Feb 2019
US
And you should read better the rules of Historum.
The moderating team is going to consider your behavior. In the meanwhile avoid similar unsuitable comments not to make things worse for you.
Read the thread and make your own conclusions as to whether my determination was wrong or right..
At this point I don't care really if you ban my account or not as I will no longer be going on your forum. The moron can have his time on it.
Take care.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Read the thread and make your own conclusions as to whether my determination was wrong or right..
At this point I don't care really if you ban my account or not as I will no longer be going on your forum. The moron can have his time on it.
Take care.
MOD WARNING

Regardless such an overreaction to a mere comment, the point is simple: if you think that other posters are "exaggerating" with you, you can report them. We will deal with the matter. In any case on Historum no one is allowed to offend directly a Historumite using an expression like that. Period. If you keep this is mind you can enjoy your stay here. Otherwise you can go elsewhere.

Feb 2019
US
MOD WARNING

Regardless such an overreaction to a mere comment, the point is simple: if you think that other posters are "exaggerating" with you, you can report them. We will deal with the matter. In any case on Historum no one is allowed to offend directly a Historumite using an expression like that. Period. If you keep this is mind you can enjoy your stay here. Otherwise you can go elsewhere.
it's not an overreaction just an observation...the qualification was appropriate given the circumstances.
if your opinion is that somebody who cannot properly read or comprehend basic concepts is somebody normal and we should by no means use a word that properly describes this condition just so we conform to some standard of political correctness then just say that. but that is no insult nor was it meant as an insult as it was appropriate in describing the situation.
And yes I am done with your forum. Have a good one.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Take care.

OK. You are banned.

Oct 2018
Sydney
and some more reading for you. A true Dacian/Thracian. Not a turncoat traitor like you and some others of your ilk

According to Lactantius, Galerius affirmed his Dacian identity and avowed himself the enemy of the Roman name once made emperor, even proposing that the empire should be called, not the Roman, but the Dacian Empire, much to the horror of the patricians and senators. He exhibited anti-Roman attitude as soon as he had attained the highest power, treating the Roman citizens with ruthless cruelty, like the conquerors treated the conquered, all in the name of the same treatment that the victorious Trajan had applied to the conquered Dacians, forefathers of Galerius, two centuries before.[38]
Well, I see the user is banned, but so that other users may be informed, no modern scholar of the Tetrarchy that I've read (and I've read very many) considers Galerius to have said or done these things. This is the invective of a Christian rhetorician, Lactantius, against an emperor who was born in the province of Dacia Ripensis, whose mother may have been born in the old province of Dacia north of the Danube, and (crucially) who had persecuted the Christians. As a skilled rhetorician, Lactantius naturally uses Galerius' birth and origins to present the persecuting emperor as a savage non-Roman barbarian. If Galerius had really acted like this he would not have ruled for as long as he did. I discuss Lactantius' characterization of Galerius in an article that I have written, but it won't be published until 2021.

Last edited: