Revolution

Jan 2009
Wisconsin USA
Ahhh.... REVOLUTION! The story of my life :) Well I suppose it is all of our stories in one way or another.

I just remember how excited I was when I first learned about world cultures, religions, politics, and revoltions and how people act and react in these climates. I suppose there's a revolutionary in all of us, but for that matter there is a counter-revolutionary in all of us. There is a time, like the 1989 "Tank Man" in Bejing who stopped a line of tanks advancing to Tianamen Square, when we say to ourselves: "This Revolution has gone too far! Something must be done!" Of course, there are those who would see benefits in going as far as possible such as Anarchists whose political platform revolves around chaos.

So the perspective of Revolution is in the eye of the beholder. I suggest an excellent read: "Revolution and Counter Revolution" by Plinio Correa De Olivera, a brazillian politician who lead his own "Counter Revolution" and who received the Church's highest honor for Historians.

avon

Forum Staff
May 2008
I suggest an excellent read: "Revolution and Counter Revolution" by Plinio Correa De Olivera, a brazillian politician who lead his own "Counter Revolution" and who received the Church's highest honor for Historians.
Yeah ... except ... reading the polemical diatribe of a far-right-wing fundamentalist-Christian psuedo-Sociologist dude is not really my idea of a good time!! ;)

avon

Forum Staff
May 2008
[SIZE=-1]"However, if a person gives in in some way to the vices of pride and impurity, an incompatibility will begin to arise within him with different aspects of the Church and the order of the universe. This incompatibility may start, for example, with a dislike for the hierarchical character of the Church, then extend to and affect the hierarchy of temporal society, then finally the hierarchical order of the family[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]. Impure Man generally tends towards liberalism: he is irritated by the existence of an order, of breaks, of a law reining in the overflow of his senses. The result of pride and of liberalism is the desire for total equality and freedom, which is the basis of Communism.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"The struggle between Revolution and Counter-Revolution is basically a religious struggle. It is easy to see the role that the Virgin plays in the struggle between Revolution and Counter-Revolution. Mary is the Universal Mediator, the channel through which all grace flows. Therefore, her help is indispensable for preventing the Revolution, or for the triumph of the Counter-Revolution over the Revolution. Devotion to Mary is the sine qua non condition for crushing the Revolution and for the triumph of the Counter-Revolution.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"The Revolution is not only the result of mere human wickedness. It is the latter which opens the gates to the Devil, allowing itself to be excited, exasperated and directed. The role played by the Devil in the explosion and progress of the Revolution has been enormous."
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Source:http://www.kelebekler.com/cesnur/storia/gb11.htm[/SIZE]

Jan 2009
Wisconsin USA
Well Avon,

I'm glad to see that you have been reading Dr. Plinio's writtings even if you disagree. The fact of the matter is that without a Counter-Revolution there really is no Revolution, because the role of the Revolution in History is to stamp out anyone who might resist the cultural, political, sexual, and religious revolutions that have been taken place since the beginning of Christian Civilization.

History as we know it is might I say much ado about nothing! As it is written by the Revolution, history is truly what the highschool senior in the inner-city public schools would call it... "boring"

But we have some interest when we take sides. When we wake up and realize that we are encamped in either the Revolution or the Counter-Revolution as it has played out through time and space.

We then seek out those who would sympathize with our tendencies (either Revolutionary or otherwise). Those who resist are usually the first to go during violent revolutions such as the French Revolution. However, we find ourselves in a strange face-off in our seemingly "neurtral" and "pluarlistic" cultural where anything goes, and nothing is sacred except "free speech" lest we un-mask the Revolution for what it is...

I would suggest that every historian read RCR: Revolution and Counter-Revolution - he deals with the worst of them, the likes of Voltaire whose vehemence for the Christian Civilization cannot be out-matched.