RFK assassin Sirhan Sirhan stabed in jail

Jan 2014
Portugal
Robert F Kennedy's assassin stabbed in prison

Sirhan Sirhan, the man convicted of assassinating Robert F Kennedy, has been stabbed at a California prison, US media reports say.
Authorities said a stabbing happened at a prison near San Diego on Friday afternoon.
In a statement, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said "officers responded quickly" to the attack.
The victim, whose condition is stable, was not named in the statement.
But citing unnamed law enforcement sources, multiple US media reports have identified 75-year-old Sirhan as the victim.

Reactions: Futurist

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
Interesting. I wonder what the motive was? Was it based on revenge for RFK/or some other "patriotic," notion? Or was the stabbing due to more typical issues of prison politics? Maybe Sirhan got some drugs fronted to him and couldn't pay up?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Interesting. I wonder what the motive was? Was it based on revenge for RFK/or some other "patriotic," notion? Or was the stabbing due to more typical issues of prison politics? Maybe Sirhan got some drugs fronted to him and couldn't pay up?
I'm actually surprised if a lot of drugs actually make it into prison.

Jan 2019
Finland
One would think that 21st century technology would have allowed prison guards to snuff out drug mules, though.
Why would it? The same technology allows for more opportunities as well, and the same points of failure are there no matter the technology. Really the only thing you need is a demand and just a few people at various points employed in the prison system who could use an extra buck. The drug mule and the prison guard might be one and the same after all.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Why would it? The same technology allows for more opportunities as well, and the same points of failure are there no matter the technology. Really the only thing you need is a demand and just a few people at various points employed in the prison system who could use an extra buck. The drug mule and the prison guard might be one and the same after all.
Drug mules bribe prison guards? Interesting--and I guess that this would make sense. People could do a lot of stuff for some extra money in their pocket.

Apr 2018
India
I don't think Bobby Kennedy ever inspired that kind of patriotism.

Greg Iles might say it's someone from New Orleans old timers tying up the last of Marcello's loose ends, 3 decades after his death.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
I don't think Bobby Kennedy ever inspired that kind of patriotism.

Greg Iles might say it's someone from New Orleans old timers tying up the last of Marcello's loose ends, 3 decades after his death.
I don't get the Greg Iles/Marcello reference.

And in regards to the "patriotic," notion for the attack I mentioned, I was also allowing for the possibility that Sirhan was stabbed because he's an immigrant and an Arab, those things might make him a target to some people.

And it sounds like it was a "random," attack.

RFK Assassin Sirhan Sirhan Back in Prison After Stabbing, Claims Random Attack