Rhodesian Armoured vehicles and captured armored vehicles.

Jan 2013
Anywhere
Hello all. What are your thoughts of Rhodesian armored vehicles and how they paved way for the use of Mraps. I find it pretty interesting as they were the first to introduce the mine resistant vehicles that modern militaries and law enforcement use today.

Of course I wanna also talk about the other military vehicles they used including the captured vehicles like the T-34 tanks, BRDM's, BTR-152's other possible Soviet vehicles.

Rhodesian Armored vehicles:
MPCV
Marmon-Herrington
T17 staghound
T-34-85 (captured)
T-55LD
Crocodile Mraps
Hippo Mrap
Bullet
Buffel Mrap
UR-416 APC
BTR-152 (some captured others destroyed)
BRDM-2
BTR-60's (Possibly Captured. Need clarification)
Elands

Also let's be respectful towards others and "NOT" bring any political or racial arguments. This is only about the armored vehicles and I'll report it to administration if I see hate and any type of ill will.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 2013
Anywhere
Hello all. What are your thoughts of Rhodesian armored vehicles and how they paved way for the use of Mraps. I find it pretty interesting as they were the first to introduce the mine resistant vehicles that modern militaries and law enforcement use today.

Of course I wanna also talk about the other military vehicles they used including the captured vehicles like the T-34 tanks, BRDM's, BTR-152's other possible Soviet vehicles.

Rhodesian Armored vehicles:
MPCV
Marmon-Herrington
T17 staghound
T-34-85 (captured)
T-55LD
Crocodile Mraps
Hippo Mrap
Bullet
Buffel Mrap
UR-416 APC
BTR-152 (some captured others destroyed)
BRDM-2
BTR-60's (Possibly Captured. Need clarification)

Also let's be respectful towards others and bring any political or racial arguments. This is only about the armored vehicles and I'll report it to administration if I see hate and any type of ill will.
More vehicles

Attachments

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
They also used the German UR-416 “Pig” and the French Panhard AML 90 (not sure about the 60).

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that the UR-416 was already listed.

Jan 2013
Anywhere
They also used the German UR-416 “Pig” and the French Panhard AML 90 (not sure about the 60).

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that the UR-416 was already listed.
You're right they did use it along with the Eland just I showed. :)
Since there were also the crippled eagles (americans) and 7 independent regiment (French) and Israeli mercenaries providing equipment and service to them. Which include flak jackets, helmets and bulletproof vests.

Its pretty fascinating that they used western, soviet, and south African vehicles along with their own.

Attachments

Jan 2013
Anywhere
Ups. Sorry, didn’t saw the Eland! It seems you got it all covered. But now I have a doubt, all the Rodesian Eland/Panhard were the South African Eland version or there were also French made models?
Its okay buddy. :)
But I believe the Elands were actually originally based on the Panhard 90. And they have given to the Rhodesians to repel communist factions. But also end up capturing most of them. Since they caught T-35 tanks, BRDM-2's and even got BTR-152's

I just wondered why the Soviets even bothered on giving the armored vehicles to the guerillas, since they have been captured and others destroyed by the RHAF. It must have been pretty embarrassing to them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions