Rigveda on Conquest of India by Vedic Aryans.

May 2019
Earth
hi all, this is my assessment of how Vedic Aryans conquered North West India by studying Rigveda, I am mostly following book 3 as my gotra is Vishwamitra and its our family book- Indra is our patron god.

Vishwamitra was a Purohit(royal Priest) of a Rigvedic Tribe named Bharathas under king sudas like his father Gathin and grandfather Kushik, he was mostlikely member of Bhrigu tribe earlier as he claimed that his ancestor was jamdagni and witzel also supported this claim via ashirathi. during Vedic times purohit was 2nd most important position after kingship as purohits used to command Armies of King/Tribesmen as generals like vishwamitera did during his lifetime.

today India is named after Bharat, same tribe that conquered India first and spread all over India forming their own Manifest Destiny thousands of years ago, even today like most of upper caste such as Brahmins like myself belong to this tribe through our ancestors who lived in this tribe and wrote their Rigved in Haryana as a part of this tribe, most of kshatriya/Rajput king even today claims their bloodline from this same tribe(turned into mythical king) shows you how much this conquest impacted India.

please read my post and give your opinion in civilized way, we all know that this invasion/migration debate is settled with genetic studies so instead of turning towards usual u wrong-me right lets focus on this real history of decoding poetry and hymns of great Rigveda.

(Note : I am not a blog righter and i have only learned English few years ago so forgive me unprofessional posts as i have studied in a small town of Jammu and kashmir state where even teachers in our schools were not able to speak English properly, i learned it after moving to Mumbai few years ago.)

link to my assessment : History of Arrival of Vedic Aryans into India.

Mar 2019
KL
i just stopped reading your article from the intro, i honestly think its crap and a result of a mindset which needs to be changed using an improvement in education system which is colonial.

as in another thread i have already discussed animist indo aryans living both in southern india and north western indian subcontinent

Warli - Wikipedia / animist indo aryan adivasis from southern india

Kalash people - Wikipedia / animist indo aryan from northern indian subcontinent

there are also non ''aryan'' iranian groups in caucasus

Ossetians - Wikipedia

and in western asia

Yazidis - Wikipedia

there are millions of indo aryans are are muslims, buddhists, jains etc, none of which is considered a vedic religion.

there are people who are considered indo iranians but neither indian or iranian, for instance kafiristanis who have a separate linguistic category

Nuristani languages - Wikipedia

these Aryans are classified as Indo-Iranians as Aryan tribes in late stage of migration was divided into two ideological and religious groups, Iranic and Indo-Aryan. while Indo-Aryans worshiped gods similar to other supposed Proto-Indo-European cultures such as Thunder god Indra as their supreme god, Horse twins Ashwini Kumaras, Sun god Surya etc and called them Dievas the Iranic branch considered Thunder god Indra as Evil sprite and worshiped an Asura called Ahura-Mazda(Sanskrit : Asura-Majasthi) as their supreme god. divine class of Ashuras are only worthy of worship according to Iranics while Indo-Aryans only considered divine class of Dievas as their patrons and demonized Ashuras. interestingly, some of the most revered Vedic gods such as Indra, Surya, Varuna, Motra etc were called Asuras as well in Rigveda.
thunder gods have been worshipped all over the world as a matter of fact in the prehistoric times, here is aztec thunder god

Tlāloc - Wikipedia

regards

Last edited:
May 2019
Earth
i just stopped reading your article from the intro, i honestly think its crap and a result of a mindset which needs to be changed using an improvement in education system which is colonial.
hows my assessment is crap when its based on what original aryan themselves said thousands of years ago based on what they saw and did ? frankly i consider this an ad hominem attack on me because you have nothing to show as an argument.

so vishwamitra, Sudas, Bhrigu, Bharatha, Rigveda etc who lived in ancient times and are product of thousands of years old civilization are british conspiracy but you are right.

everything becomes a british conspiracy to butt-hurt trolls who cant accept the fact that roots of Indian civilization was planted by ancestors of tiny minority of Indians.

as in another thread i have already discussed animist indo aryans living both in southern india and north western indian subcontinent

Warli - Wikipedia / animist indo aryan adivasis from southern india

Kalash people - Wikipedia / animist indo aryan from northern indian subcontinent
kalash are among purest indo-Aryan people genetically unlike indo-aryans in plains of India who absorbed native population, i can post evidence but sadly discussing genetics is not allowed here.

warli is indo-aryan speaking group, who most likely got aryanized by Brahmins, same thing happened with Marathi and Gujarati when Brahmins from north migrated into Deccan region during maratha empire and they purified Marathi with fresh pulse of Sanskrit vocabulary.

just become they speak an indo-aryan language they will not become indo-aryan genetically, just like i will not become English-Germanic for using as my primary language.

there are also non ''aryan'' iranian groups in caucasus

Ossetians - Wikipedia

and in western asia

Yazidis - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis
[/QUOTE]

ossetians are descends of Scythian tribes that settled in caucasus region, they are alans and still speak an Eastern Iranian language like pashtuns so how they are non Aryans ? if anything they are closest to Original Aryans/Indo-Iranians.

yazidis are Kurds an Iranian group of people, Again Aryans.

there are millions of indo aryans are are muslims, buddhists, jains etc, none of which is considered a vedic religion.
Religion =/=Language=/=ethnicity

there are people who are considered indo iranians but neither indian or iranian, for instance kafiristanis who have a separate linguistic category

Nuristani languages - Wikipedia
??
they are part of Indo-Iranian family and shares same origin with Avastan and Sanskrit.

thunder gods have been worshipped all over the world as a matter of fact in the prehistoric times, here is aztec thunder god

Tlāloc - Wikipedia

regards
just like Fire god, Rain god, fertility god etc, these are nature gods.

Mar 2019
KL
mate you seem confused by your own logics and post here i will try to show you the mirror

you said

these Aryans are classified as Indo-Iranians as Aryan tribes in late stage of migration was divided into two ideological and religious groups, Iranic and Indo-Aryan
here i stated that there is also a third group called kafiristanis or nuristanis, what ideology do they have?

you said

while Indo-Aryans worshiped gods similar to other supposed Proto-Indo-European cultures such as Thunder god Indra as their supreme god
i debunked your logic by showing you aztec thunder god divinity, indra by the way is also considered a non indo aryan indo-european word

-----

your only argument is based on genetics, skin colour and language and not religion, culture, customs but your OP seems to imply by mentioning the rigveda which is a religious text that your argument is based on the religion, again, your religious argument doesnt hold ground since you cannot reply my comments on warli and kalash people, how are they animists when you are using the religious texts/vedic religion in support of your migration/invasion theory. If kalash people are the ''purest'' indo-aryans, how does it reflect through their culture, religion, you are only using genetics which is just BS. how does kalash animism define them as pure indo-aryans, have they preserved any vedic texts or ritual to begin with? any anarya is defined as the one not following the vedic rituals, you can read my kikata posts from the central asian aryan thread. Its not like kalash people were converted into animism from their vedic heritage, animism predates any vedic religion, so their animism is their original reliigion, they are not in anyway related to vedic culture or religion.

i watched a kalash documentary and these people infact fabricated some notion that they were the remnants of the greeks left behind by alexander, and the genetic study infact debunked their notion that they were in any way related o the greeks.

so for kalash people having fair skin tone and speaking indo aryan is the only requirement for being the purest indo aryan, if thats the case any nordic with a ameteur hold on any indo aryan languge can claim to be purest indo aryan privilege, while any dark skinned indian whose ancestors have been observing vedic rites since thousands of years be declared as converted indo aryan. this crap must stop, you dont have any genuine arguments.

regards

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
First, let me reply to your post. It is always necessary to keep your own lineage separate from History. Priests did not command armies all the time. Of course, it was an important position, but their basic duty was teaching, advising and conducting rituals. Dronacharya became the commander of the Kaurava army only after Bhishma and Karna were no more. There were many more Aryan clans other than Bharatas. And even if one may have a descent from Bharata clan, what a person achieves is more important than just the descent. I find your post prejudiced and that is a draw back where history is concerned.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Could be just my imagination, or could also be just complete coincidence, but the name Indr (i. e. Indra minus the 'a') to me is actually very close to the modern English word 'thunder', the element of nature with which this deity is often associated.

May 2019
Earth
First, let me reply to your post. It is always necessary to keep your own lineage separate from History. Priests did not command armies all the time. Of course, it was an important position, but their basic duty was teaching, advising and conducting rituals. Dronacharya became the commander of the Kaurava army only after Bhishma and Karna were no more. There were many more Aryan clans other than Bharatas. And even if one may have a descent from Bharata clan, what a person achieves is more important than just the descent. I find your post prejudiced and that is a draw back where history is concerned.
i agree with your statement but you have to understand that i am talking about my lineage because i know about it, i dont care about other clans thus you will rarely see my posting about them. i post about my clan because i am very proud of it and i know about it because i have neutral interest it in.

and bharathas matters because they are the one who were first ever tribe to colonize north west India and spread their religion, culture, teachings, way of life and religion all over India, i am the living example of the colonization as after literally 5000+ years i am still here, speak a language descended from their own language, worship their god, follow their religion etc because i am descended from their royal priest.

and we are talking about early vedic age here, those aryans were semi-nomads so fighting was their only way to survive, romanticizing view of peaceful Brahmans only became a reality after they settled down in india properly, and i am not the one whos claiming these things, vishwamitra himself wrote what he did in his own book 3 of rigveda.

May 2019
Earth
Could be just my imagination, or could also be just complete coincidence, but the name Indr (i. e. Indra minus the 'a') to me is actually very close to the modern English word 'thunder', the element of nature with which this deity is often associated.
might be, i think that indra is related to some other storm-rain-thunder gods of IE family such as Innara of Hittite people, they were oldest and first of IE people who migrated out of steppe.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Innar/Inar (Innara) was Hittite god of the woods & the fields. I guess he somehow evolved over time & space into Indra of the Vedic Aryans & Donner/Donar of the ancient Germanics, from whom the latter day English word 'thunder' might have sprung.

Similar History Discussions