Rigveda on Conquest of India by Vedic Aryans.

Status
Closed

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
Well, that is what the story is. There are so many strange things in (all) scriptures. I have stopped being surprised by them. If there was no sex, who fathered the child? Niyoga in special circumstances was accepted in Hinduism. Sage VedaVyasa was not born with just a blessing, covering the island with fog was intentional or perhaps accidental (it may have been winter season). :)

That Sage VedaVyasa was a Rishi/Maharshi and an avatara of Lord Vishnu, who dictated SrimadBhagawatham to Lord Ganesha is in no way disappointment to me. It is a very wise, beautiful book. As I have mentioned in the forum many a times, a copy of Gita Press SrimadBhagawatham which was printed before my birth (1942) and which was the first scripture that I read in my childhood and sometimes refer to even now is one of my most precious possessions. It has had a lasting effect on my life. Atreya, I am a practicing, orthodox, RSS/BJP supporting Hindu, so what if I am an Advaitist and an Atheist. An advaitist should be by definition an atheist. Only 'One', no duality of God and men. That is 'Dvaita'. :D

I understand RigVeda very well. I do not need the 'Arya Samaj' type contrived explanation of RigVeda. Arctic is very much there in RigVeda for the four reasons that I have mentioned. You can close your eyes to them.
First try to parse the sentences properly. Then you can accuse about contrived explanation of Rig Veda. Right now, the Arctic theory is the most hilarious interpretation of Rig Veda, and I feel sad that it comes from one of the greatest freedom fighters of India.

It does not matter that you are atheist or orthodox or whatever. You are by no means an Advaitist. That I am very sure about.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
If I am not an advaitist then nobody really is. I am the purest of all advaitists (there might have been or are others like me). Even Sankara accepted 'Ishwara' in 'Vyavaharika', something that he should not have done, (but for his compulsions). Other people are advaitists only in name.

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
If I am not an advaitist then nobody really is. I am the purest of all advaitists (there might have been or are others like me). Even Sankara accepted 'Ishwara' in 'Vyavaharika', something that he should not have done, (but for his compulsions). Other people are advaitists only in name.
I see. It is very clear that you have no clue of what is advaita.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions