Rigveda on Conquest of India by Vedic Aryans.

Status
Closed

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
^^ Lol!
What is the origin of the name Bharatha? Is it Indian or out of India?
Trtsu-Bharata were a royal family mentioned in Rigveda, their King Sudas defeated the 10 kingdoms in the battle of the 10 kings. This very battle was used to invent the fraud of Aryan invasion by colonial historians with vested interests.

May 2019
Earth
I have heard, that archeologists not have found any proofs of conquest. There is no dеstructions of the buildings and so on
indra is called purunder, destroyer of 100 forts, i have to read verything again but i am sure i have seen hymns saying how indra alongside Meghavis(indra worshipers) destroyed forts of non aryans.

May 2019
Earth
kikatas are magadhis and generally considered as indoaryans. Do you have anything else ?
vishwamitra specifically said kikatas are non Aryans in Rigveda, oldest Indo-Aryan book.

story books such as Puranas, Ramayana,mahabharata came much later so they were aryanized by that time like 70% of India.

Jul 2014
world
indra is called purunder, destroyer of 100 forts, i have to read verything again but i am sure i have seen hymns saying how indra alongside Meghavis(indra worshipers) destroyed forts of non aryans.
Where did it says that Indra destroyed the forts of the Non aryans ? I am very interested in this verse.

Mar 2019
KL
story books such as Puranas, Ramayana,mahabharata came much later so they were aryanized by that time like 70% of India.
Kikata (कीकट) is mentioned in Mahabharata (VIII.30.45). [3]...."The Karasakaras, the Mahishakas, the Kalingas, the Kikatas, the Atavis, the Karkotakas, the Virakas, and other peoples of no religion, one should always avoid."
magadhis were never a vedic people, that doesnt mean they didn't speak prakrit or indo aryan, which again i state has nothing got to do with religion, this you have already stated in your own post.

They probably became hindu after hindu revival movements started during gupta periods.

even puranas mention kikata as infidel people following nastika religion/ buddhism.

regards

May 2019
Earth
that is just your bogus fake pride/nationalism and nothing else

you have only ''assumed'' that since kikatas were mentioned in rigveda which you assume to have been geographically confined to the punjab NW indian region, but nothing in the hymm itself indicates anything like that

Kikatas were never in southern punjab, always in Bihar, as has been confirmed by atharvaveda, mahabharatha, puranas etc.from rigveda to puranas, kikatas have been declared following nastika school of philosophy and not vedic philosophy which was predominantly the case during the historic periods itself.

the Kikatas are only mentioned in one RV hymn an it never states that there was any armed struggle between kikatas and the vedic tribes who have written this hymm or kikatas migrated and settled in east india.

if we go with the migrationist POV then obviously all the rigvedic and other post rigvedic tribes and kingdoms had their base in arctic circle, which is nothing but an argument based on bogus assumptions and zero evidences.

regards
vishwamitra prayed to 2 rivers right next to Haryana before they settled down in kuru Region, kuru is super tribe, result of merger of Puru and Bharatas, even today haryana is kurukshatra.

i dont see any non north west Indian region named by Vishwamitra or bharathas.

Jul 2014
world
vishwamitra specifically said kikatas are non Aryans in Rigveda, oldest Indo-Aryan book.

Interesting ... Can you link me the verse of the battle as I cant seem to find it.

Mar 2019
KL
vishwamitra prayed to 2 rivers right next to Haryana before they settled down in kuru Region, kuru is super tribe, result of merger of Puru and Bharatas, even today haryana is kurukshatra.

i dont see any non north west Indian region named by Vishwamitra or bharathas.
Kuru was practically situated close to haryana region of today, all kingdoms expanded, magadh expanded by absorbing Kikata and Kosala expanded by absorbing Kasi.

regards

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions