Road Bridge from the USA to Europe

Jul 2017
Europe
We don’t need ridiculously expensive road bridges to connect continents, it’s 2019, not 1939. What we need are improvements in the air transport. We need technology that would enable commercial airplanes to fly faster than they do today. We didn’t do anything to improve air travel for decades. We have bigger, more comfortable airplanes that can carry more passengers, but we still need to fly 24 hours to reach Australia.

Mar 2018
UK
Air travel is a hell of a lot cheaper than decades ago, due to both administrative/structural changes and technological ones. If I had to chose between flying to Australia for half the time or half the cost; I'd pick the later every time.

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
We don’t need ridiculously expensive road bridges to connect continents, it’s 2019, not 1939. What we need are improvements in the air transport. We need technology that would enable commercial airplanes to fly faster than they do today. We didn’t do anything to improve air travel for decades. We have bigger, more comfortable airplanes that can carry more passengers, but we still need to fly 24 hours to reach Australia.

I'll say'. I'd be thrilled with an efficient public transport system, possibly based on solar powered buses , trams or trains. Don't know how a solar powered jet would work. :think:

Jul 2016
USA
There are negatives for supersonic transport. Super expensive to operate, lots of fuel, noise is overwhelmingly loud. They call it a sonic boom for a reason.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
" If I had to chose between flying to Australia for half the time or half the cost; I'd pick the later every time."

did the trans hemispheric fight about twenty times and the trans Siberia train journey
there is simply no comparison one is an exercise in limbo suffering , the other is pure masochism

if one want to improve air travel ,
the most painful and irritating safety check could be cancelled and targeted filter as is done on el Al

to frisk a mother from Kansas city with two kids is just ridiculous
and would indicate that the homeland security doesn't know it's fecal orifice from a hole in the ground

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Wait ! I sense danger !

What if they build a bridge down the island chain of SE Asia to Australia !

Oh no ! We will not be able to intercept refugee boats seeking asylum in Australia any more !

( And NO, dont ask any more about that . The government here no longer has to tell the people when they do this, where they do this, how they do it and where they have taken these people too ...... its a 'security issue secret ' . )

We might even get an influx of Lebanese driving here ..... in their hotted up cars .

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
" If I had to chose between flying to Australia for half the time or half the cost; I'd pick the later every time."

did the trans hemispheric fight about twenty times and the trans Siberia train journey
there is simply no comparison one is an exercise in limbo suffering , the other is pure masochism

if one want to improve air travel ,
the most painful and irritating safety check could be cancelled and targeted filter as is done on el Al

to frisk a mother from Kansas city with two kids is just ridiculous
and would indicate that the homeland security doesn't know it's fecal orifice from a hole in the ground
They frisked you? Holy fracking faecal matter golf balls! That's absurd. What makes it even more absurd is that security in the US tend to be paid minimum wage, as I understand it.. It is said "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" . Same thing her,e especially the rent-a- cops in malls .All I can say is thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster they ain't armed.

Solution; eventually that kind of security will need to be automated. I have no idea how

Similar History Discussions