Royal men that had a posthumous son

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Geoffrey II (1158--1186), Duke of Brittany jure uxoris - by right of marriage to Constance, daughter and heiress of Duke Conan IV of Brittany - was a son of King Henry II of England. Geoffrey died 19 August 1186 and his widow Constance gave birth to Arthur I, Duke of Brittany and heir by primogeniture of England, on 29 March 1187, seven months and ten days later.

Oops! when I started this post I was going to add another posthumous child from European royalty but now I forget who.

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
There would have been a case of posthumous children in the Ottoman dynasty except for___.

The Ottoman Padishah and Sultan Murad III (1546-1595) died on 15/16 January 1595 and his son Mehmed III (1566-1603) became the next ruler. Mehmed III had 19 of his younger brothers and half brothers killed on 28 January 1595, though Wikpedia lists 21 names of the victims. They included young men, teenage boys, and pre teen boys. It is also said that Mehmed III had all of his father's pregnant concubines killed. If that is true, then Murad III would have had some posthumous soans and daughters if Mehmed III hadn't pruned the family tree so thoroughly.