Russia bans film on death of Stalin

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I am not totally sure why this was banned in Russia, as it seems mostly about the politics involved after Stalin's death.

I actually agree mostly about US movies that most made in the last 40 years are really bad.

Apr 2018
India
I am not totally sure why this was banned in Russia, as it seems mostly about the politics involved after Stalin's death.

I actually agree mostly about US movies that most made in the last 40 years are really bad.
Simple, Vladimir Vladimirovich wants to send a message and look the part while he does it.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Hollywood movies, American movies .....

Just in case: the movie is a British-French-Belgian-Canadian co-production.

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I am not sure how you make a whole movie about it. It is obvious why they didn't want Beria. They were afraid he would turn around and resume the terror and maybe have them killed.

Plus he had all the dirt on them. He knew whatever they might have done politically, sexually, with corruptions or whatever that they wouldn't want made public.

It is interesting hearing opinion around the world about American movies. It is pretty bad that Soviet movies are viewed as more objective.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
It is interesting hearing opinion around the world about American movies
It's always interesting to hear how others see You.

The funny thing is that opinions on American movies were triggered by a thread on a not-American movie ;)