Russian kings after Napoleon

Jun 2019
ru
They dressed like Hussars, they with beards, magnificent mustache etc, courageous bodies and faces, there wasn't debauchery, no woman in the politic or power structure.

This is absolutely another culture.

Before it kings was dressed in britich style, something like "marine", with golfs, shorts etc. There was many women in the power, there were swagger, intrigants, debauchery, oppression of the peasantry. Also they wore wigs
Perhaps this is not quite an accurate description, closer to the 19th century, shorts are less common, but these were not hussars with epaulettes in any case

They all Romanov dynasty" but absolutely different.

This is suggests that Napoleon changed power, or maybe the power was changed after this.
Maybe it was civil war and intervention. This is very strange war, all battles lost by Russia

Last edited:
Reactions: donabella
Oct 2012
They dressed like Hussars, they with beards, magnificent mustache etc, there wasn't debauchery, no woman in the politic or power structure.

This is absolutely another culture.

Before it kings was dressed in britich style, something like "marine", with golfs, shorts etc. There was many women in the power, there were swagger, intrigants, debauchery, oppression of the peasantry.

They all Romanov dynasty" but very differ.

This is suggests that Napoleon changed power, or maybe the power was changed after this.
Maybe it was civil war and intervention. This is very strange war, all battles lost by Russia
Can you post a picture of a Russian King dressed like "marine" with golfs and shorts, in britich style? I am intrigued.

Reactions: Tulius
Dec 2017
Florida
1580478091874.png

Tsar Nicholas II & King George V

This "dressing like Hussars" image I think only really applies to Alexander III who wore simple Russian clothes when he wanted to feel like he was connecting to his people (which is laughable).

Reactions: Futurist
Jun 2019
ru
This means Peter I, II, III and Paul I, i guess? On the picture above is Peter the Great without wig.
Perhaps this is not quite an accurate description, closer to the 19th century, shorts are less common, but these were not hussars with epaulettes in any case
But it was british style, not hussars

wigs was even in the end of 18 centuty

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Peter the Great changed Russia and Russian style much, much more than anything that happened during the Napoleonic Wars.

Reactions: Futurist
Dec 2017
Florida
Almost all 19 century it is

This is Aleksandr III

10 March 1845 – 1 November 1894)[1] was Emperor of Russia, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Finland from 13 March 1881 until his death on 1 November 1894.[2] He was highly reactionary and reversed some of the liberal reforms of his father, Alexander II.

Well being that there are only 4 Tsars during the 19th century, and three of them dressed in a more cosmopolitan style, I wouldn't say that Tsars were dressing in the Hussar style. Like I said, Alexander III liked to dress up like a "peasant" but he would do it in materials that would cost a fortune for a peasant to have.