Russian kings after Napoleon

Jun 2019
ru
You think Russia might have went to war against Germany and Austria-Hungary because the Tsar had sex with a persuasive prostitute in England?
He had some kind of affair on the side.
How exactly he was persuaded is unknown.
It may be that he fell under the influence of local groups within Russia.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România

Was he a British puppet?
I was being serious. Look at your methodology. He knew and used English.

He was an admiral in the British Royal Navy and he loved wearing that uniform often. Obviously, the title was meant to be honorary, but he took it very seriously. He even wrote letters to various British royals with suggestions about improving the British Navy. I think he even used the British flag on his yacht while he was near Britain (I think it was during one of the yacht races).

So, was he a British puppet? If he wasn't, then your methodology isn't as good as you think it is.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
He had some kind of affair on the side.
With a geopolitically savvy prostitute who might have convinced him to go to war against the Central Powers?

Did the British convince the French and the Russians to ally with each other? Those two countries did not forge that alliance by themselves?

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
During the reign of Alexander III, imperial family spoke only in French, rarely in English, Russian language was not used. French was the language of XIXth century nobility. Alexandra did not speak French, so indeed English was the language of their love, their correspondence is entirely written in English. Alexandra learned Russian, but never spoke it well.

Well.. according what I read.. Alexander III only spoke in Russian (although he could speak in German.. he never used) and he never spoke nor French nor English. Maria his danish wife learned Russian and she spoke in Russian with his husband, the Czar!... Alexander III only spoke in Russian to his Courtiers... never in French.. although he knew his Courties hardely understoond Russian language!!! But Alexander was a Nationalist Czar!

It was him who made Russian the most essential language at court. (here)

So... Alexander didn´t speak English but Russian with his family, wife and everybody.

Reactions: grammaticq

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
@martin76 Sure, he spoke with his courtiers in Russian, despite that they really preferred the old ways of French, it was part of his policy to impose this language on all his subjects and through this to make his realm stronger / the so called the policy of Russification of non-Russian peoples of his empire, during his later reign / he died very young idd / his Danish wife knew this language quite well. It was a bait for another Martin, sorry that you took it. EDIT: .. but then again what do i know, slavs dont exist, we are all nothing but puppets of some secret British society. I am out of this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: martin76

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Russia was "sold" to everyone, apparently.
Probably yes. He was dressed in marine "british" style and he was in Order of Malta
this order is somehow connected with Britain
tricolor of Napoleon is similar to russian tricolor
Its flag is similar to German

My version is fully confirmed
apparently the footprint of these of kings leads to Austria and Austria-Hungary

Dec 2019
Adelaide
When? Where? Where did Russia fight for Britain's interests? For much of the 19th century the two countries were rivals. At times they were allies, during the Napoleonic (apart from that one war they had) and the First World War, but Russia entered those wars not to help Britain, but to protect its own interests
Poland ?

Dec 2019
Adelaide
When? Where? Where did Russia fight for Britain's interests? For much of the 19th century the two countries were rivals. At times they were allies, during the Napoleonic (apart from that one war they had) and the First World War, but Russia entered those wars not to help Britain, but to protect its own interests
The Balkans ?