Sales of ex-American Civil War equipment in 1860s Japan?

Sep 2018
transitory
I know that military equipment of American Civil War vintage were used in Japan during the Boshin War (1868-69), but I don't know if this all came from US government agents or if any was brought to the country by private arms dealers. Does anyone here know examples of private dealers selling ex- Union or Confederate military equipment to any of the feuding factions/feudal lords in Japan between 1865-69?

Feb 2016
Japan
No idea.
I believe they had mostly French and German fire arms, with some British made artillery.
The Imperial army tried to base itself on the Prussian military, the Tokugawa rebels received French assistance.

Sep 2018
transitory
Well, I've read accounts of American Spencer repeaters and S&W revolvers being imported to the country. Additionally, I know the US government sold the ex-Confederate ironclad ship CSS 'Stonewall' (renamed 'Kotetsu' in Japan) to the Shogunate. Not all arms sales in Japan at this period came from government sources though. Thomas Blake Glover is a good example of a private arms dealer in Japan at the time.

Feb 2018
Texas
Well, I've read accounts of American Spencer repeaters and S&W revolvers being imported to the country. Additionally, I know the US government sold the ex-Confederate ironclad ship CSS 'Stonewall' (renamed 'Kotetsu' in Japan) to the Shogunate. Not all arms sales in Japan at this period came from government sources though. Thomas Blake Glover is a good example of a private arms dealer in Japan at the time.
The acquisition of the Stonewall for a million dollars gave the Japanese instant credibility as a naval power in East Asia. Western intelligence agents were very interested in the ship's movements.