Sanctuary of Pedra Preta

Tairusiano

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Brazil

In Paranaíta in the Amazon region of the State of Mato Grosso
is located the Sanctuary of Pedra Preta (Black stone) one of the biggest pictograms panel and one of the most obscures too.

first, it was just a block of dark rock lost in the Amazon jungle. But when the researchers arrived in the area and decided to circumvent with white chalk ridges of rock, were surprised. They found incredible designs engraved in the immense black granite wall, strange animals and symbols representing geometric as concentric circles.

this found as caused a great debate a group of researchers like the german Heinz Budweg defend that the pictgrams are made by a ancient european civilization.
A theory denied by almost all the serios archaeologists like Prof.Paulo De Blasis,For him, it would be hasty to assign authorship of the drawings to people from outside the continent, which would be the result of a Eurocentric view.

He claims that the indigenous of the region were far more advanced than the Indians today, and would be able to do the bas-reliefs by the technique of polishing stones, which was very common in Brazilian prehistory. He said "the Indians used often sand and water to carve in stone.of Technical point of viewor the stylistic designs are compatible with what is known of the pre-colonial American cultures."

the Sanctuary of Pedra possesses only four years of discovery
not yet have much information but any update i will post here.

this is part of a series of thread that i will start about anciet south america if there is interest among friends from historum

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Argentina
O Tairusiano.
Não achei nada novo no google. É possivel??
Só as mesmas webs q você traduziu com as mesmas fotos.
Sera que tem maiores pesquisas (e mais novas) pra saber quem o fiz?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
the Sanctuary of Pedra possesses only four years of discovery
not yet have much information but any update i will post here.

this is part of a series of thread that i will start about anciet south america if there is interest among friends from historum
First time I hear about “Pedra Preta”!!! Outstanding!

And I really hope you keep posting about this and about other Ancient South American societies and civilizations! I enjoy your posts about these themes. Thanks!

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
O Tairusiano.
Não achei nada novo no google. É possivel??
Só as mesmas webs q você traduziu com as mesmas fotos.
Sera que tem maiores pesquisas (e mais novas) pra saber quem o fiz?
All posts on the forum must be in English, or a translation provided.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Sanctuary of Pedra Preta.
I've never heard of it, it's an interesting subject

obrigado amigo abraço - thanks friend, hug

Tairusiano

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Brazil
Last edited: