Scary and Shocking Environmental Report

Mar 2019
Kansas
At the end I think something similar: we are natural. Mankind isn't unnatural, it's natural and a biosphere tends to an equilibrium in the long term. It's really probable that nature will reach an equilibrium and since the human species is natural ... we will be part of that equilibrium ... of course after some mass extinctions!
Well to give an example of what you are talking about. Every single marsupial species that has ever existed in Australia came from one species of marsupial that somehow got to the continent.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
... the pivotal question is: is it really possible to make such an utopia real in our modern world?
Yes.

The issue is that it's about a direct confrontation with the economic system we have built.

Exmple: do You find logical a municipality in Belgium importing pavement stone from India, while the stone quarry at 20 miles I closing because of lack of demand?

The difference: Indian stone is 2-5 cents cheaper the piece.

Energy consumption (=waste, =pollution) for carrying stone 20,000 miles instead of 20 miles?

(I pass the reason why Indian stone is cheaper: slave labor. And it's not figuratively speaking, but actual slavery)

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Yes.

The issue is that it's about a direct confrontation with the economic system we have built.

Exmple: do You find logical a municipality in Belgium importing pavement stone from India, while the stone quarry at 20 miles I closing because of lack of demand?

The difference: Indian stone is 2-5 cents cheaper the piece.

Energy consumption (=waste, =pollution) for carrying stone 20,000 miles instead of 20 miles?

(I pass the reason why Indian stone is cheaper: slave labor. And it's not figuratively speaking, but actual slavery)
About stones you touch a "button" I know very well. Here there are some of the most important quarries of marbles around the world. From Candoglia marble leaves for Arab countries, US, China, India ... why?

Cost ... Italian marble is affordable for rich Arabs, Chinese, Indians [you should sell Belgian stone to rich Indians!], but not for Italian builders!!!!

Italian builders tend to prefer imported marble.

Similar History Discussions