Scary and Shocking Environmental Report

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Please all you would be good-doers, address third world on eco matters. They are more numerous and their waste is increasing, ours not. I don't want to be part of any collective action if majority of world is so unsensitive to not even care about collecting a domestic waste and not throwing it into bins. I did my homework so don't bother me. Basic basics first.

Please spare me with revolutionary mumbo jumbo, we have an experience how it goes.
Stop posting then, if you don't want to be bothered. Just don't do anything.

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
Stop posting then, if you don't want to be bothered. Just don't do anything.
I'm at least not buying leftist lies as you do. They will wreck all our lives on pretense of "issues". We took a care of our environments, they are much cleaner today than 30 years ago. Dead rivers are today again with fish.

But we can't do homework of third world states for them. There are recipes we invented but they don't care about, they only demand our money which is mostly feeding their corruption. When we address that they start screaming about our interfering into their internal matters, about white man guilt, neocolonialism blah blah.

I'm so sick of our extreme left and third world incompetence. Let them drown in their garbage.

Mar 2019
Kansas
I'm at least not buying leftist lies as you do. They will wreck all our lives on pretense of "issues". We took a care of our environments, they are much cleaner today than 30 years ago. Dead rivers are today again with fish.
And who was responsible for those clean ups?

Aug 2011
The Castle Anthrax
What data do we have to compare this report against? How many new species have occurred in the same period of time. What rate of extinction is historically average? I mean, honestly, look at the fossil record. Clearly the earth has undergone massive changes. What is our expectation? That all life, the weather, the planet just freeze and remain in a given state forever? I thought Sir Isaac Newton solved this one when he observed that everything is in a constant, even chaotic state of motion. I think the statement of data in the report is great, but drawing any conclusions from that data is misleading at best, like trying to understand the world from observing shadows in a cave.

Mar 2019
Kansas
it is a technical matter, not political. All kinds of people.
Well you describe people telling leftist lies, but you don't seem to know if any of those leftist were involved in previous environmental improvements. And it is definitely is political. Resources need to allocated to enact legislation enforce it etc. That means the taxpayers have to be onboard, and tax payers voice their opinion through the body politic.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
remember this one, no ?

During and before 1999 there was widespread predictions of a Y2K computer bug that would crash many computers on midnight of January 1, 2000 and cause malfunctions leading to major catastrophes worldwide, and that society would cease to function.
So are you saying the Y2K fear was totally unjustified all along then? Or did the malfunctions not occur because people recognised the problem and did something about it? Just because some predictions have been wrong in the past it doesn’t mean that they all will be in the future.

Similar History Discussions