Scary North Korean Culture

Nov 2010
I find (EDIT: this particular asian culture) very scaring. The reason? Turning human beings into non-thinking, non-reflective robots.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSedE5sU3uc"]North Korea children playing the guitar. Creepy as hell. - YouTube[/ame]

It sounds good. They do a great job. But at what cost?

Do these kids have a relfective mind? Can they think beyond what their Masters are telling them?

Even though I liked that video (though I refuse to click the "Like" button), by all honesty I would rather not have watched it. I'd rather see North Korean government fall to the ground.

Last edited:
Jul 2012
Michigan, USA.
So, are you just talking about totalitarian North Korea, or just "Asian culture" in general? The former is plain to see, but the later just opens up a can of fire-breathing worms. Many nations in Asia don't like to be grouped together in one amorphous whole. They're all rather distinct.

Nov 2010
Wow, we asians must be some kind of robots and super humans ;)
I did not say that.

Asians, blacks, whites, europeans, indians... they are all equal humans.

Culture however, remains a different thing.

So, are you just talking about totalitarian North Korea, or just "Asian culture" in general? The former is plain to see, but the later just opens up a can of fire-breathing worms. Many nations in Asia don't like to be grouped together in one amorphous whole. They're all rather distinct.
I was talking about North Korea. I was however, refering to several Asian cultures (not its people, but culture) of grouping together. I've seen similar videos from China.

I edited my OP however, to avoid misunderstandings.

Nov 2010
I do enjoy judging other cultures by Youtube videos. It demonstrates the depth of my understanding.
If you COMBINE YouTube videos as evidence of something that is supposed to impossible, with knowledge of a particular culture, you are on the right path.

I have occupied myself with North Korean politics, culture in the past.

I know how scary it is.

Nov 2010
Mozart gave concerts at age of 4. Did he become a non-thinking robot?:)
No, but the way these kids are interacting tells me that they must have been told to do so.

When I was at their age (seems like they are about 5 years old) I could barely interact with my parents. Let alone other kids.

Mar 2013
Moscow
No, but the way these kids are interacting tells me that they must have been told to do so.

When I was at their age (seems like they are about 5 years old) I could barely interact with my parents.
I don't like North Korea as well as any other totalitarian state. But children are often forced to go in for sports or arts in very early age. Usually parents forced them not government.

Nov 2010
I don't like North Korea as well as any other totalitarian state. But children are often forced to go in for sports or arts in very early age. Usually parents forced them not government.
Then I doubt those parents would be any better than a totalitarian government.

Thats for another discussion:

Should children be private property (a thing) belonging to their respective owners (parents)?

Similar History Discussions