Should Europeans offer their apologies for their colonization?

Should the European apologize for their colonization?

• Yes

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No, but educate the European children more about this subject

Votes: 55 31.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Feb 2019
Nigeria
As an African and a witness of the aftermath of colonialism in african states and Nigeria precisely i think colonialism was a bad idea and european should pay for it, during the colonial era their sole aim was exploitation and nothing else.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
As an African and a witness of the aftermath of colonialism in african states and Nigeria precisely i think colonialism was a bad idea and european should pay for it, during the colonial era their sole aim was exploitation and nothing else.
Hi ElectorAlexander, and welcome to Historum.

Just to clarify, do you think that the Europeans should pay for the grievances made in the last 50 years? 100 years? 200 years? 500 years? 1000 years?

In other words, how many years should we go back in time to measure grievances?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
An apology to prove you've changed is (all) bienvenue so to speak, but if your critique of the object in question is a bit off, and/or there is a trace of hypocrisy to be found within the organisation doing the apology ... ... as so many of the above posts state and imply, what are you not apologising for ?
Sense, you make none.

Vladd

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
England
Only Europe or all colonial powers? How did the subjects of the Fulani empire feel about their overlords?

Similar History Discussions