Should Europeans offer their apologies for their colonization?

Should the European apologize for their colonization?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 147 58.3%
  • No, but educate the European children more about this subject

Votes: 76 30.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
That doesn't make a case: since there are two elements of the issue as above! Why you are reluctant to do so may speak volumes to posters and readers alike!
Of course it does make a case... What are you even asking?...I don't understand your questions...

I never even explained anything about instances of violence against non-Hindus...

Sep 2015
England
Of course it does make a case... What are you even asking?...I don't understand your questions...

I never even explained anything about instances of violence against non-Hindus...
Like a uniform (every time). Suddenly playing dead when you don't understand plain language. Which looks every bit like ducking out of the entire issue, when things get just an incy-winchy bit awkward and challenging.

How can we encourage members into posting material that we can take seriously? We generally can't, except by the usual method: of being civilised. Something which has evidently failed in this example. Discussion takes courage as well as knowledge: that you can and will argue your point. If not however, either you are pretending you know anything, or you are pretending to not know so much after all. This last might be hard to understand i might guess.

So what's the point when the net content of a reply to a discussion is nil, & nout.
For me it's like doing the crossword and history for gords sake!
N'est pas?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Like a uniform (every time). Suddenly playing dead when you don't understand plain language. Which looks every bit like ducking out of the entire issue, when things get just an incy-winchy bit awkward and challenging.

If you used plain language, your complaint might be valid. Instead, all I see from you is pretentiousness, obfuscation and vague, poorly defined strings of words that I doubt you understand.

Make yourself absolutely clear using simple, precise language and you will get an answer,

And do not resort to attacking the other poster. This is your warning. You have been suspended before. Unless you want it to happen again, I suggest you heed this warning.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm one-hundred percent sure that you didn't use plain language when interacting with me, and I bet other historumites feel the same.
Anyway, your pretentious and confrontational attitude is uncalled for, and somewhat embarrassing from you part, since I'm not trying in anyway to duck out the entire issue neither I'm pretending to not understand your point...

I really don't get your point, therefore can you try to ask again in a more clear way? I'm not asking too much from you and I'm open to any kind of questions, as long as I can understand the question being posed to me.

How can we encourage members into posting material that we can take seriously? We generally can't, except by the usual method: of being civilised. Something which has evidently failed in this example. Discussion takes courage as well as knowledge: that you can and will argue your point. If not however, either you are pretending you know anything, or you are pretending to not know so much after all. This last might be hard to understand i might guess.

So what's the point when the net content of a reply to a discussion is nil, & nout.
For me it's like doing the crossword and history for gords sake!
N'est pas?
I'm willing to discuss the points you want me to discuss, never said I wasn't...So...can we re-start our discussion?

Sep 2015
England
If you used plain language, your complaint might be valid. Instead, all I see from you is pretentiousness, obfuscation and vague, poorly defined strings of words that I doubt you understand.

Make yourself absolutely clear using simple, precise language and you will get an answer,

And do not resort to attacking the other poster. This is your warning. You have been suspended before. Unless you want it to happen again, I suggest you heed this warning.
Okay. I've almost grown used to the insults, and lack of manners. But that aside if you will allow, he didn't say that Timur was violent towards Hindus in one way, and non-Hindus in another, for example. And there's more. Plain as day pet.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Okay. I've almost grown used to the insults, and lack of manners. But that aside if you will allow, he didn't say that Timur was violent towards Hindus in one way, and non-Hindus in another, for example. And there's more. Plain as day pet.
Now, I understood the point. Timur wasn't violent towards Hindus in one way, and non-Hindus in another. The sack of Baghdad and his campaign in the Levant was as murderous as the campaign in India, as far as I know.

Similar History Discussions