Should Farsi go back to manichean / Soghdian?

Dec 2017
America
Generally, the stronger the difference in sound pattern, the higher the tendency for a language to adopt a non-Latin alphabet.
e.g. the Japanese language (who's sound pattern is no more dissimilar to Latin than is Persian) has its own alphabet ; therefore why should Persian abandon its own ?

A simple adjustment of the Arabic alphabet would IMO prove a better solution than implementing the Latin alphabet (i.e. the synthetic use of accents and diacritics).
You keep talking about this mythical difference in sound pattern that makes Persian unsuitable to Latin but are unable to provide examples of Persian sounds the Latin alphabet wouldn't be able to accomodate.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Jul 2011
western Europe
You keep talking about this mythical difference in sound pattern that makes Persian unsuitable to Latin but are unable to provide examples of Persian sounds the Latin alphabet wouldn't be able to accomodate.

Can you explain why the Latin alphabet would be more convenient than either a vowelized form of Arabic or a neo-cuneiform (logogram-free) alphabet ?

Last edited:
Dec 2017
America
Can you explain why the Latin alphabet would be more convenient than either a vowelized form of Arabic or a neo-cuneiform (logogram-free) alphabet ?
Troll, stop ducking my question and give me an example of a Persian sound that the Latin script can't accomodate. This whole time you've been claiming that the Persian language is incompatible with the Latin script but haven't given a single example.

Jul 2011
western Europe
Troll, stop ducking my question and give me an example of a Persian sound that the Latin script can't accomodate. This whole time you've been claiming that the Persian language is incompatible with the Latin script but haven't given a single example.

It could, but only in an improvisational way (accents, diacritics etc.) ; one of the two above options would prove more ergonomical.

Dec 2017
America
It could, but only in an improvisational way (accents, diacritics etc.) ; one of the two above options would prove more ergonomical.
How so? There are literally no disadvantages to using the Latin script. Saying that the Latin script doesn't accomodate Persian phonology is a baseless statement you have yet to prove.

Jul 2011
western Europe
How so? There are literally no disadvantages to using the Latin script. Saying that the Latin script doesn't accomodate Persian phonology is a baseless statement you have yet to prove.

... claiming the Latin alphabet is the ideal and most optimal solution is also a baseless statement in need of proof.

Dec 2017
America
... claiming the Latin alphabet is the ideal and most optimal solution is also a baseless statement in need of proof.
Stop constantly ducking the question and give me an example of a Persian sound that can't be transcribed with Latin.

Jul 2011
western Europe
Stop constantly ducking the question and give me an example of a Persian sound that can't be transcribed with Latin.

If you consider it simply suffices that sounds should be transcribed in an improvised style (via accents, diacritics etc.) in the absence of a more genuine ergonomic graphical transcription, then there aren't any ... but this is shallow-minded reasoning.

Dec 2017
America
If you consider it simply suffices that sounds should be transcribed in an improvised style (via accents, diacritics etc.) in the absence of a more genuine ergonomic graphical transcription, then there aren't any ... but this is shallow-minded reasoning.
Why are you ducking my question? Tell me exactly where the Latin alphabet screws up with the Persian language you troll.

Jul 2011
western Europe
Why are you ducking my question? Tell me exactly where the Latin alphabet screws up with the Persian language you troll.

it's not a question of plain possibility (in that sense, Latin and many others all are), but rather a matter of which alphabet is more ergonomical.

i.e. I'm sure many people would feel more comfortable with a direct set of characters clearly corresponding to each sound in their language, whether mono-phonemic or diphthong.