Should Muslims apologize for East European slave trade?

Feb 2019
Serbia
At this point I think we should all get into a room and apologise to each other for every even slightly negative thing our ancestors have done, or maybe not but since we can't confirm we should apologise anyway. Seriously: No, they should not. Just like the Europeans should not apologise for their past.

Jul 2016
USA
When Jeff Bezos apologises for his wealth, I'll do the same.

Although i cannot apologise for being awesome.
Even if he did, it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't suddenly gift employees with massive bonuse and pay raises. He wouldn't donate 75% of his wealth to charity. He'd say it like other billionaries say it. When they say things like "Tax me more!" and then you read about all their scams to pay less taxes as it is. How all their existing donations are largely done for tax reasons anyway.

Mar 2013
Breakdancing on the Moon.
No, nobody should apologise for the sins of their fathers.

It would be enough for the mainstream to stop lionising Islamic history though. No more fake news about Islamics inventing flight, ignoring the worst colonialism in history etc.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Even if he did, it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't suddenly gift employees with massive bonuse and pay raises. He wouldn't donate 75% of his wealth to charity. He'd say it like other billionaries say it. When they say things like "Tax me more!" and then you read about all their scams to pay less taxes as it is. How all their existing donations are largely done for tax reasons anyway.
Warren Buffet says he's going to donate most of his wealth to deserving charities.

I'm a deserving charity.