Should religious objections excuse employees from customary/prescribed job f(x)'s?

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
I suppose one could say their religion precludes working since it requires praying during all waking hours. It is the duty of non believers to feed and house them so they can pray to save the souls of the non believers.:halo:
I dont think non believers souls can be saved...(in most religions).... Only the souls of believers who have sinned (those who have not sinned do not need to be saved) can be saved

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
I dont think non believers souls can be saved...(in most religions).... Only the souls of believers who have sinned (those who have not sinned do not need to be saved) can be saved
She must recant like all heretics.... then a decision will be made if this recanting is enough or if she still needs to be burned at the stake

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
As an aside, Ms Davis has been divorced three times.....interesting that her religious views don't seem to feel that divorce is a problem, but gay marriage is .

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
It seems there is a measure of vindictiveness in this. The plaintiffs have had their point proven, the woman has already lost her job, been imprisoned (however briefly and even if it was for contempt of court ,rather than the actual license issue) and been vilified in the media. As this woman probably has very few assets to sue her would probably make her broke and homeless as well. Is this what they want as an extra 'punishment' I wonder.
Perhaps her god will provide?

Similar History Discussions