simplistic european approach in defining Taj Mahal architecture and its re evaluation?

Mar 2019
KL
timur himself hired indians to contruct his architectures, when he raided dehli and plundered it, took many indian artisans with him, secondly doesnt look anything like timur's tomb.

anything else?

regards

Reactions: Rishi

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
timur himself hired indians to contruct his architectures, when he raided dehli and plundered it, took many indian artisans with him

anything else?

regards
Do you know of any pharaonic raids of India around 3000 BCE?

Edit: I almost took it to mean that Timur himself hired Indians to construct his tomb.?

Last edited:
Mar 2019
KL
i think instead of justifying what you stated, you are going on a merry go round.

what justifies persian architecture what elements?, you said its by persian called ''lahori'' from tajikistan. it clearly indicates that the guy was atleast naturalised indian if not ethnic.

your post doesnt seem to make any sense.

regards

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
i think instead of justifying what you stated, you are going on a merry go round.

what justifies persian architecture what elements?, you said its by persian called ''lahori'' from tajikistan. it clearly indicates that the guy was atleast naturalised indian if not ethnic.

your post doesnt seem to make any sense.

regards
The guy had built the red fort, the taj. Of course he had been living in India for decades.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
I'm sorry to hear that, I haven't looked at the online edition; I used to have a set from the 1960s and it was really good in those days, many of the entries being written by leading scholars.
Well, often "free", or "almost free" do have a price: the quality.

It's true even with serious encyclopedias.

Jul 2017
Neverland
Nope: beware of looking for wolves where aren't any. Beware of seeing what You want to see and not what it is.

The pic You posted has also a legend: Medieval Chinese drawing of young Batu Khan (14th century).
Yes, of wolves and shall we add swans too. Let me post a picture of swan ,that was turned into a wolf by a psychopathic regime in Germany in the 1930s.
The so called swastika known in the ancient world as a symbol of luck, health, good fortune and still venerated as such from India to China.

1557870036104.png

Indus Valley 3200 BCE

Jain(Prateek)

1557870144262.png

Persia 2200 BCE

1557870217668.png

Tirthankara(SANSCRIT)14th Century

1557870380877.png

Another symbol with Indian origin- Star of David, ie Seal of Solomon

1557870982438.png

1557871061216.png

1557871243186.png

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-meaning-of-the-Star-of-David-sign-in-Hinduism

The 14 century is the 1300s, a few decades after Batu passed away.
You stick to Encyclopedia Britannica, I prefer Wiki

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
I'm sorry to hear that, I haven't looked at the online edition; I used to have a set from the 1960s and it was really good in those days, many of the entries being written by leading scholars.
Indeed, Like my set from the 1970’s. They are priceless today. Bough mine some 7 or 8 years ago, complete, for 60 Euros! :D

Well, often "free", or "almost free" do have a price: the quality.

It's true even with serious encyclopedias.
And newspapers…

You stick to Encyclopedia Britannica, I prefer Wiki
If you really want to know about a theme, forget both online editions, or quora. Read a book.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
You really should be careful here, 'books' are written by Dan Brown too.
What wrong about Dan Brown? I really like him as a novelist. :D

I understand what you mean, and I agree, we have to be selective in our readings, separate the wheat from the chaff, but since we are in a history forum it was implied that I was talking about a serious history, academic book, written by a scholar. Than it is necessary to read it with a critical perspective and then pick other book, from other scholar, to see the theme under a different light. We will learn much more in deep that from taking a quick look to a Wikipedia page.