since when Indo-Aryans started to burning their Dead instead of burying ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
@prashanth has made a great observation that our deal with Latvians and Finns is completely different to the vector you are talking about when you refer to Yamnaya reaching Germany via Russia.
You may check on Corded Ware culture - Wikipedia. You see, IE influence reached everywhere.

"This latter fact together with an importance of horse motifs in Ob-Ugric folklore has been used to argue for locating Proto-Ugric in the southernmost parts of Siberia, in close contact with nomadic steppe peoples if not nomadic themselves. Some loanwords from such sources into Ugric are known as well, perhaps most prominently the numeral '7': *θäpt(V) → H hét,[note 1] M сат /sat/, Kh тапәт /tapət/ (from an Indo-Iranian source; cf. Sanskrit saptá, Avestan hapta, both from Proto-Indo-Iranian *saptá < Proto-Indo-European *septḿ̥)."
Ugric languages - Wikipedia, Uralic - Wikipedia (Eskimo–Uralic languages, Indo-Uralic languages, Proto-Uralic language)

Jul 2017
Sydney
You may check on Corded Ware culture - Wikipedia. You see, IE influence reached everywhere.

"This latter fact together with an importance of horse motifs in Ob-Ugric folklore has been used to argue for locating Proto-Ugric in the southernmost parts of Siberia, in close contact with nomadic steppe peoples if not nomadic themselves. Some loanwords from such sources into Ugric are known as well, perhaps most prominently the numeral '7': *θäpt(V) → H hét,[note 1] M сат /sat/, Kh тапәт /tapət/ (from an Indo-Iranian source; cf. Sanskrit saptá, Avestan hapta, both from Proto-Indo-Iranian *saptá < Proto-Indo-European *septḿ̥)."
Ugric languages - Wikipedia, Uralic - Wikipedia (Eskimo–Uralic languages, Indo-Uralic languages, Proto-Uralic language)
I think you're not paying attention to an important part of my message.

I said the axis of interaction is different to the Yamnaya axis as the shared ancestry is even higher than would be expected if only Yamnaya factor was in play

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
From Yamanaya, they went to Samara, then to Afanasevo, then to Fatynovo-Balanovo, then to Abashevo/Potapovka and finally to Corded Ware culture. This was the Northern movement of of IE people. The East ward movement to Sintashta, Okunev or Minusinsk started from Samara (also known as Samara Bend). Movement toward East and to India-Iran started with settlements in Oxus valley and Aral Sea. Tht might be direct from Yamanaya region. The movement towards Oxus was the latest of all IE movements. I have indicated the possibility as I view it step by step. Check in the images that I have created. I don't think I can be more clearer than this. You are welcome to check all this in Wikipedia or in Google (or whatever search engine you might be using). :)

Oct 2018
Bangalore,India
Indo-Aryans were a large confederation and not a single tribe or ethnicity. They were mostly tribal. Kalash and the Dards are the purest Aryans left today. They have a distinct culture. This evolved in the Plains region rather than in the Steppes or the mountains as it seems.

Oct 2018
Bangalore,India
Yamanya was the first,then was Sintashta and then Andronavo. After the Andronavo,the Indo-Aryans split off from the Iranians somewhere near today's Balkh or so. First Indo-Aryan cultures as far as I know is Gandharva grave culture and Swat cultures. Afanasevo is related to Tocharians and except for some interactions,that isn't related to Indo-Iranians.

Jul 2017
Sydney
From Yamanaya, they went to Samara, then to Afanasevo, then to Fatynovo-Balanovo, then to Abashevo/Potapovka and finally to Corded Ware culture. This was the Northern movement of of IE people. The East ward movement to Sintashta, Okunev or Minusinsk started from Samara (also known as Samara Bend). Movement toward East and to India-Iran started with settlements in Oxus valley and Aral Sea. Tht might be direct from Yamanaya region. The movement towards Oxus was the latest of all IE movements. I have indicated the possibility as I view it step by step. Check in the images that I have created. I don't think I can be more clearer than this. You are welcome to check all this in Wikipedia or in Google (or whatever search engine you might be using). :)
It doesn't matter what you do with this model as it doesn't take into account the pre-existing Indian ancestry in all steppe groups. This pre-existing Indian sub or superstrate, however you want to view it, is a relic of neolithic era and later migrations out of the Indus valley

Some of these are captured in the mining sites that Indus valley people used to control in Central Asia but other contacts that have not been fully uncovered are the westward migration out of India with bos Indicus and water buffalo plus migration from north Indian trans-Himalayan region to ancient Mesopotamia (for which genetic evidence already exists)

Jul 2017
Sydney
Indo-Aryans were a large confederation and not a single tribe or ethnicity. They were mostly tribal. Kalash and the Dards are the purest Aryans left today. They have a distinct culture. This evolved in the Plains region rather than in the Steppes or the mountains as it seems.
Indo-Aryans were more widespread than just in north of the subcontinent. Perhaps, that is why recent genetic evidence points to some people in Haryana coming off the same branch as Kalash.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that your point about them being a plains culture, very familiar with forests (remember the Aranyakas accompanying Vedic Samhitas), is right

Oct 2018
Bangalore,India
Indo-Aryans were more widespread than just in north of the subcontinent. Perhaps, that is why recent genetic evidence points to some people in Haryana coming off the same branch as Kalash.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that your point about them being a plains culture, very familiar with forests (remember the Aranyakas accompanying Vedic Samhitas), is right
Exactly! Indo-Aryans would first have become a bit distinct in the Transoxania region and finally split off somewhere in Afghanistan or surroundings. Even then,they wouldn't have become fully disconnected with each other. Only those who came into the subcontinent plains like Kuru,Panchala,etc would have split off fully. But others like Gandharvas and Dardas probably were in at least some contact with people like Iranian and Tocharian people. Nuristanis are an another interesting case. They are the third branch of Indo-Iranian languages and probably inbetween Iranian and Aryan languages.