Slavery By Another Name.

Dec 2011
Um, unless I am having a brain freeze day, that link did not explain the details of the slavery. Is it some kind of economic slavery that tied them to being tenant farmers as part of a contract or something?

Dec 2011
United States
Sep 2010
why is it that people only talk about black slavery in america? slavery has happened all throughout history

Dec 2011
United States
why is it that people only talk about black slavery in america? slavery has happened all throughout history
The Belgians in Africa, the Spanish in Central and South America, the Romans, the Japanese... great point.

Mike McClure

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Indiana
Um, unless I am having a brain freeze day, that link did not explain the details of the slavery. Is it some kind of economic slavery that tied them to being tenant farmers as part of a contract or something?
Yes you are having a brain freeze. The semantics didn't matter much to the blacks they were still in bondage. Did you see the PBS show or just read the book?

Dec 2011
I just read the THREAD and read the link. I have not been able to view any video on it yet.

EDIT: Read it more now, I think I miss-clicked earlier and it took me to a non-useful page.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
Yes it has, on many levels, in many countries, for many years.
Also there was no shortage of discrimination in 18th,19th century America.
Women, American-Indians, Irish, Catholics, and many more, all felt the cold
shoulder of discrimination.