So I've been searching on the net for a certain Khopesh...

Hey everyone, I'm kind of new here and I was wanted to ask for some advice relating to the nature of this certain weapon. I can't find many images about it, the origin or even if it's a proper Khopesh or some type of large dagger. Does anyone know the name, the time it was used, what exactly it is and pictures of it?

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Hi, I commissioned that from Craig Sitch, as Dan mentioned. I commissioned a number of Egyptian weapons from him, but they are only based on depictions and not actual finds, and are generally too heavy to be accurate, so I commissioned some later from Neil Burridge, when I had more information... There are two types of "khopeshes" seen in Egyptian depictions; some are shaped like a large curved knife like the weapon above (apparently a native Egyptian form), while others are like the more common "Syrian-style" khopesh:

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon

Ramses II. It's a New Kingdom weapon, but goes pretty far back. there are other depictions of them too. There is an embalmer's knife with an Anubis figure on it that survives, also in the form of the "knife-khopesh".

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions