Song Dynasty armor and other form of Chinese armor

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
That seems a reasonable interpretation. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
I think it might be able to be done with hexagonal beveled and raised scales with holes in the middle and at each vertex... I'll make a cardboard model soon. When laces are tightened it could make good armour. it would need a backing.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Okay, so I think this is it. Apologies for the crudeness of the drawing. And actuall I would imbricate the scales overlapping from top down ad opposed to the rows I have drawn. When laces are tightened up it comes together looking like depictions. At left is a scale seen in perspective from side to show bevels and raising or boss where central hole is. I've exaggerated the size of the holes to show them better. I suspect the lacings (three going through each hole) would continue diagonally witj two laces and vertically with the other. Laces could be leather, perhaps silk. I have that roo thong...Would be good and beautiful from bronze. would have textile or leather backing silk?
I think that's it.
IMG_0072_kindlephoto-532073546.jpg
I hereby copyright and patent the design :cool::lol:

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Australia
Okay, so I think this is it. Apologies for the crudeness of the drawing. And actuall I would imbricate the scales overlapping from top down ad opposed to the rows I have drawn. When laces are tightened up it comes together looking like depictions. At left is a scale seen in perspective from side to show bevels and raising or boss where central hole is. I've exaggerated the size of the holes to show them better. I suspect the lacings (three going through each hole) would continue diagonally witj two laces and vertically with the other. Laces could be leather, perhaps silk. I have that roo thong...Would be good and beautiful from bronze. would have textile or leather backing silk?
I think that's it.
View attachment 15196
I hereby copyright and patent the design :cool::lol:
Looks good. I can see how these would go together to match the appearance in some of the depictions.

Similar History Discussions