Soviet Union, NKVD, and Katyn Massacre

Dec 2017
Australia
It's an established fact that the Soviet NKVD, under Beria's command,
mass-murdered 22,000 Polish intellectuals and elites in 1939 at Katyn.
And the Soviets even had the temerity to accuse the Nazis for the Katyn atrocity.

As Stalin, Soviets & NKVD lied about Katyn, how
were US/UK able to work with Soviet evidence at Nuremberg?
Did you ever question why Polish 'intellectuals' were executed? In reality those were administration in occupied western Ukraine, western B elarus, south-eastern Lithuania by Poland since 1921. As well as some military personnel.
Peace of Riga - Wikipedia

In those times many people were under the hummer. Was it a crime? Yes, it was a crime. Ask Ukrainians, Belarusians, Lithuanians if they feel for those Poles. They have mix feelings. On one hand we understand it was a crime, on the other - they should not have come to western Ukraine, western Belarus, south-eastern Lithuania. I mean in western Ukraine (Volyn) far worse things happened to Poles just few years after Katyn (1940).

Dec 2017
Australia
After Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was signed in late August of 1939 Germany took what is proper Poland. USSR (Russia) took what was always land of Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania. Poles themselves called western Ukraine ‘Red Ruthenia’ since medieval times.
For around a month there was a political vacuum in those regions with no government, so locals (Ukrainians, Belarusians, don’t know about Lithuanians) started to pursue Poles and Polish administration. It was getting ugly. It was stopped by Soviets (Russians) after Red Army arrived to the regions in late September of 1939.
Of course , Volyn massacre occurred after 1941 when Russians lost control over the region.

Mar 2019
Madeira, Portugal
But Versailles 1919 established the borders of the new Polish state. It was an international agreement that had the power of
condemnation of all violations of the mandate. To suggest otherwise would be to also suggest that Hitler too was correct to
seek that Danzig be returned to Germany, because Danzig had been German for many, many centuries... no? To excuse the murder of so many
Polish civilians at Katyn as punishment for what Versailles 1919 mandated, would permit excusing Germany's invasion of Poland in 1939, and suggest
that Britain was unjust when war was declared to defend Poland against Nazi Germany. Crimes are crimes, no matter the perpetrators, true?

Mar 2019
Madeira, Portugal
Furthermore, many of those murdered at Katyn were Polish elites and intellectuals who escaped Western Poland towards the East,
after Nazi Germany invaded and WW2 began before Stalin invaded and took Eastern Poland per Molotov-Ribbentrop. Stalin then
arrested these Western Polish elites, who were REFUGEES from Nazi aggression, no? They weren't occupiers of Belarus, Ukraine, or Lithuania any more than
Russia/Kaliningrad is an occupier of Koenigsberg today, because there are international agreements and mandates (Stalin/Churchill/Roosevelt at Yalta) which legally
established the new borders. Where would we be if Angela Merkel murdered 22,000 Russians as punishment for the Russian "occupation" of East Prussia, and then blamed the crime on
the Polish government, for example? LOL... Yes, it would be a crime, and a lie too. She would not have a future in heaven...

Dec 2017
Australia
Ukrainians, Belarusians, Lithuanians don't feel sorry for Poles. To these days. I am trying to be polite. In Volyn 100k-150K Poles died in 40s. Still, people of those regions will tell you to get lost these days. Why Poles are disliked anywhere they appear? Whether its England, Ireland or eastern Europe.

Dec 2017
Australia
Furthermore, many of those murdered at Katyn were Polish elites and intellectuals who escaped Western Poland towards the East,
after Nazi Germany invaded and WW2 began before Stalin invaded and took Eastern Poland per Molotov-Ribbentrop. Stalin then
arrested these Western Polish elites, who were REFUGEES from Nazi aggression, no? They weren't occupiers of Belarus, Ukraine, or Lithuania any more than
Russia/Kaliningrad is an occupier of Koenigsberg today, because there are international agreements and mandates (Stalin/Churchill/Roosevelt at Yalta) which legally
established the new borders. Where would we be if Angela Merkel murdered 22,000 Russians as punishment for the Russian "occupation" of East Prussia, and then blamed the crime on
the Polish government, for example? LOL... Yes, it would be a crime, and a lie too. She would not have a future in heaven...
My ancestry is about 150km from Katyn. There were no Polish intellectuals. Polish administration and military personnel. if you call them intellectuals.Killing them not giving a fair trail was a t crime? Yes. Do we feel sorry for them? Bugger them. Do you want to ask people of Smolensk? The largest city next to Katyn? This brings smile to my face. Poles #*%#$^Y up people, anywhere they go.

Dec 2018
Cheyenne
Ukrainians, Belarusians, Lithuanians don't feel sorry for Poles. To these days. I am trying to be polite. In Volyn 100k-150K Poles died in 40s. Still, people of those regions will tell you to get lost these days. Why Poles are disliked anywhere they appear? Whether its England, Ireland or eastern Europe.
I went to catholic school in a heavily polish area. Only grievance I have with poles is that a polish girl in elementary didnt want to be my valentine.

What have Poles personally done to you?

Similar History Discussions