Special Boat service.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
I know I am getting to old for this lark, but can someone explain to me why 6 SBS servicemen got injured in Yemen? They were apparently training Saudi troops, but I thought we were supposed to be protecting the Yemenis! The Saudi's , under the control of a psychopathic Sultan (MBS) are getting our support, are the British mad!!

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Aren’t the rebels being backed by the Iranians? Although I don’t see why we have to have a dog in that fight. I hope we’re not doing Trump’s dirty work for him.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
This is a Sunni/Shia fight. MBS and Saudi are Sunni/ (or, Wahabbi if you like it.) Yemen was a bit Sunni but the Shia revolted and took the Country. Saudi responded by invading yemen and trying to re install a Sunni leaning Government, thus leading to all the current misery. Iran is Shia and thus has joined in the fight by supporting the Yemenis.. To continue, why are British SBS troops apparently helping Saudi, unless is is just for the money? We should really stay out of this one as it will only end in tears!
By the way, if I am wrong in any way, you are at liberty to correct me as I really do not actually know if I am right!!

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
I know I am getting to old for this lark, but can someone explain to me why 6 SBS servicemen got injured in Yemen? They were apparently training Saudi troops, but I thought we were supposed to be protecting the Yemenis! The Saudi's , under the control of a psychopathic Sultan (MBS) are getting our support, are the British mad!!
Money, money, money