Sri Lanka bombings

Oct 2015
India
A huge number of Indian muslims have been completely radicalized in past few decades. Your friend's numbers do not reflect the reality. I've seen clerics openly enticing anti-India and anti-kaffir sentiments. Don't be a simpleton. Read between the lines.

Sunnis can't openly prosecute Shias because of the Indian system but in small cities Shia-Sunni fights are very common. Indian media don't disclose their identity while counting dead bodies neither it may create nationwide riots.

Only reason we did not witness any terrorist attack throughout the country (except in J&K) in last five years is due to Modi government. They have given free hand to all of vigilence agencies. The previous UPA government was incredibly soft on the potential terror groups for maintaining 'communal harmony'.
Extreme radicalization:

Radicalization has degrees and I compared the numbers for extreme radicalization (ISIS).

ISIS in Sri Lanka:

ISIS has claimed to have inspired the current attack on Christians churches in Sri Lanka. One ex-President of Sri Lanka said shat he had warned two years back but everyone laughed at him. So they have a base in Sri Lanka.

In the deconstruction of the events, Sri Lankan government is unable / unwilling to pin role of Pakistan as the conduit to ISIS. But Pakistan's role in encouraging terror network in Sri Lankan is documented in an articles at [2], [3]. You may have noticed that Govt is unable to say the place/means from which the powerful explosives were smuggled in.

Possible Seepage of NTJ from Sri Lanka into India:

NTJ, the perpetrator in Sri Lanka, has a branch in Tamil Nadu / Kerala in India for some time. While they could get some terror attacks here, but knowing off-the-record ground situations here, I can say they are likely to be quickly contained.

Now ISIS in India:

Latest is that ISIS is opening a branch in "Hind". The exact place may be either Pakistan, or India, or Bangladesh [1].

Opening a branch in India can also be a diversionary tactic by Pakistan's ISI of re-naming its existing terror-setups led by it because of (i) Balakot strike, (ii) naming of Masood as international terrorist, (iii) too much heat on Pakistan due to international isolation & poor economic health.

Overview:

Anne Speckhard has interviewed more than 600 terrorists and their associates, including dozens of Islamic State defectors and returnees. She paints a realistic future in [4]. The Guardian has also reviewed longer term past picture in [5]. No country in the world can afford to be unconcerned about Radical Islam. It is a global phenomena and needs coordinated global action.

Reference

[1] ISIS announces new 'branch' in India after clashes in Kashmir
[2] Sri Lanka's Easter carnage: Colombo needs to be wary of Pakistan-ISIS links (Comments)
[3] Drug money from Pakistan-based cartel may have funded terror attack in Sri Lanka
[4] Sri Lanka Attack ‘Is the Wave of the Future’
[5] From 9/11 to Sri Lanka: the terrorists’ deadly message we have failed to grasp

Apr 2019
India
Extreme radicalization:

Radicalization has degrees and I compared the numbers for extreme radicalization (ISIS).

ISIS in Sri Lanka:

ISIS has claimed to have inspired the current attack on Christians churches in Sri Lanka. One ex-President of Sri Lanka said shat he had warned two years back but everyone laughed at him. So they have a base in Sri Lanka.

In the deconstruction of the events, Sri Lankan government is unable / unwilling to pin role of Pakistan as the conduit to ISIS. But Pakistan's role in encouraging terror network in Sri Lankan is documented in an articles at [2], [3]. You may have noticed that Govt is unable to say the place/means from which the powerful explosives were smuggled in.

Possible Seepage of NTJ from Sri Lanka into India:

NTJ, the perpetrator in Sri Lanka, has a branch in Tamil Nadu / Kerala in India for some time. While they could get some terror attacks here, but knowing off-the-record ground situations here, I can say they are likely to be quickly contained.

Now ISIS in India:

Latest is that ISIS is opening a branch in "Hind". The exact place may be either Pakistan, or India, or Bangladesh [1].

Opening a branch in India can also be a diversionary tactic by Pakistan's ISI of re-naming its existing terror-setups led by it because of (i) Balakot strike, (ii) naming of Masood as international terrorist, (iii) too much heat on Pakistan due to international isolation & poor economic health.

Overview:

Anne Speckhard has interviewed more than 600 terrorists and their associates, including dozens of Islamic State defectors and returnees. She paints a realistic future in [4]. The Guardian has also reviewed longer term past picture in [5]. No country in the world can afford to be unconcerned about Radical Islam. It is a global phenomena and needs coordinated global action.

Reference

[1] ISIS announces new 'branch' in India after clashes in Kashmir
[2] Sri Lanka's Easter carnage: Colombo needs to be wary of Pakistan-ISIS links (Comments)
[3] Drug money from Pakistan-based cartel may have funded terror attack in Sri Lanka
[4] Sri Lanka Attack ‘Is the Wave of the Future’
[5] From 9/11 to Sri Lanka: the terrorists’ deadly message we have failed to grasp
This standard is for the Indian muslims who are generally pluralistic. But Saudi petro-dollars are silently doing their job. You can find change in the attire, architecture and atmosphere of affected areas. Shocking thing is that the new generation of terror sympathizers are coming from educated and wealthy background. I find it very-very alarming. If not controlled Kerala and West Bengal can become next Kashmir(the heaven literally turned into hell after 1989).
Intel sounds alarm over increasing IS footprint across south India

Actually when name of NJT came out I thought it was same NJT(in Tamilnadu) whose clerics were holding anti-shirk confrences. Maybe they are related?
Srilanka has caught a youth who was under radar of Indian investigation agencies. Apparently accomplishes were also planning an attack on a synagogue in Ahemdabad !
Sri Lankan software engineer, who was under Indian surveillance, key in April attacks - Sri Lanka Latest News

It's really disheartening that Srilankan authorities did not pay heed to India's warning as they thought India was trying to break off Pak-Srilanka tandem. All of mistrust due to Rajiv's misadventure. But still when it comes to as serious issue as terrorism, the countries should always be a good listener.

ISIS exists only in virtual world. It's just a brand name used by various terror outfits(who may even not be related) as a scarecrow. Few days ago some wannabe terrorism watchdogs on social-media reported that a bunch of highly trained terrorists have infiltrated into Kashmir and they have planned something 'big'. Now this news of ISIS-hind branch has popped up. I think it can be ploy of those infiltrators.

I agree terrorism is an incurable disease and we have to learn to live with it(with precautions).
Meanwhile I wonder what would happen of the world if a war breaks out in middle-east?
Saudi Arabia says oil stations attacked by armed drones
Yemen civil war: Saudi warplanes strike Sana’a in retaliation against pipeline attack by Houthis

Apr 2019
India
The Islamic radicalization is threat to India. I've been observing this phenomena for many years. Many wise people's words were ignored. We have to act before things go out of control:
ISIS influence growing in South India, particularly Kerala: Social media monitoring firms

And these terrorists will get full support of Indian/foreign media, left 'liberals', urban naxals, mulla party, indophobic acedmics of USA & Europe, opposition, separatists, evangelists, movie stars etc. Even collegium judiciary will play it's part. They will mould perception of lay people by declaring these youth were 'misguided' because of 'oppressive' and 'fascist" government. They will create frenzy across India like Jinnah did in his days. I hope we are well prepared not to get swayed by those charltans.
Above bunch is already preparing to thwart mandate of people of India. I'm waiting for the 'tamasha' which is going to unfold on 23rd May.

Oct 2015
India
At the most these two can be charged with causing death by negligence. This carries a maximum punishment of seven years in prison in India [memory from my LLB days]. Sri Lanka must be similar.

An extremely sad incident happened in Sri Lanka in which ~300 innocent people were killed. Such a tragedy is difficult to internalize for any people or any government. My fear is that these two people are easy targets and will become the scapegoats. Of course, if the court indicts them, they would be responsibility for negligence.

However primary responsibility lies with the terror setup & network which supported them - motivating, supply chain, and execution. Hear of no progress from Sri Lankan Govt in unravelling the links in this primary source.