Status and consolidation of Hinduism in the North East India

Nov 2012
Yes I am well aware of Unakoti except didnt know it was this old. Would like you to address other questions in my post as well. The surprising part is Tripura hangs out like a Hindu patch in the middle of non Hindu areas around it in an uncharacterstic way. Similar is the case with Arunachal. Is there a context to this?

Jun 2013
Mundo Nuevo
I heard that the insurgents in Manipur are mostly Christian. Are they ethnic Meitei? The Meitei royal family converted to Hinduism but it appears as if some animists were still remaining and got converted by missionaries.

Jun 2013
Mundo Nuevo
Nov 2012
my understanding is a large majority of Meitheis are Hindus followed by Sanmarhis and a very miniscule minority for Christianity. Most Christians in Manipur are Kukis and Nagas.However, I am not completly sure since this is based on a discussion with a guy from Manipur.

Nov 2018
Arunachal
wow interesting. I also know Tripura and Sikkim were Hindu. Were the Lepchas Hindus as well before their conversion to Christianity and are there Hindu among the Bhutias?

Is Manipuri Sanmarism religion within the larger Hindu fold or is it different? Is Tripuri Hinduism a modern day conversion like Manipur or was it older?

In Meghalaya I know that Khasis and Garos were animists but the Jaintia royals were Hindu? Did this lead to wholesale conversion of the Jaintia subjects as well?

How did Hinduism come to be spread in Arunachal? As part of Greater Tibet it was more Buddhist and animist I believe. Surprisingly if you see in the Northeast the more eastward you go the fewer Hindus you would find yet; Arunchal being eastern most is an exception to this rule with almost 30%-40% of the population being Hindu and along with Buddhists and Danyi Polos reaching to around 60%. Is there a context to this? Is there a conversion or consolidation of Hinduism in Arunchal and is Danyi Polyo considered more like an extension of Hinduism?

Finally do Mizos and Nagas have any Hindu history? or were they as is popularly considered to have been animists?
arunachalee are not Hindus till today. We are still the followers of animists n Buddhism. Don't believe on Wikipedia and quora they count the population of donyi polo and other animist religion as Hindus. Visit arunachal n you will not able to see a trace of Hinduism. We don't keep Hindu names or worship ram Krishna or Shiva as deity like manipuri or Assamese or tripuri. Plz edit your post n don't spell misconception about arunachal.

Oct 2015
India
arunachalee are not Hindus till today. We are still the followers of animists n Buddhism. Don't believe on Wikipedia and quora they count the population of donyi polo and other animist religion as Hindus. Visit arunachal n you will not able to see a trace of Hinduism. We don't keep Hindu names or worship ram Krishna or Shiva as deity like manipuri or Assamese or tripuri. Plz edit your post n don't spell misconception about arunachal.
Hello,

Buddhism I understand but not Animism.

Can you please take time and write a few paragraphs on what are the main practices of the Group you belong to or in general about the people of Arunachal.

Thanks