Submarines disappeared

May 2017
France
With the help of the US Navy-thank you deeply from all France-the submarine "La Minerve",disappeared in 1968,has been discovered at the large of Toulon (52 deads).Since 1945,have we others examples of submarines disappeared by the fact of accidents ? Thank you very much.

Apr 2018
India
With the help of the US Navy-thank you deeply from all France-the submarine "La Minerve",disappeared in 1968,has been discovered at the large of Toulon (52 deads).Since 1945,have we others examples of submarines disappeared by the fact of accidents ? Thank you very much.
It has? My God. How did I miss that?

Whatever. What exactly do you mean by lost? Lost as in sunk but location known or as in lost....lost?

The greatest submarine mysteries post WW2 are (apart from what @MG1962a already mentioned) - FS La Minerve, INS Dakar, USS Thresher, USS Scorpion, K-219, PNS Ghazi (Not that mysterious)

But as of now, the locations of all the boats are known.

Apr 2014
Liverpool, England
Re HM Sub Urge. I see no reference in your link to the British war reporter Bernard Gray who appears to have been one of those lost. This caused a good deal of confusion as his presence on the submarine was unauthorised.

Similar History Discussions