Suggest some good history based TV series

Apr 2010
Oxford
Rome's already been suggested - but there's also:

I, Claudius
Spartacus (not to everyone's taste, but I love it!)
Deadwood
Sharpe
Hornblower
Band of Brothers
Pacific

Feb 2011
British Empire
'Pillars of the Earth' and 'World Without End'. Based on the Ken Follett books, 'Pillars' is set in The Anarchy and 'World' is set during the reign of Edward III. Both books are set around building Kingsbridge Cathedral.

Two of the best books and mini-series I've ever read/watched!:)

Mar 2010
'Pillars of the Earth' and 'World Without End'. Based on the Ken Follett books, 'Pillars' is set in The Anarchy and 'World' is set during the reign of Edward III. Both books are set around building Kingsbridge Cathedral.

Two of the best books and mini-series I've ever read/watched!:)
Really,I have attempted to read a few Ken Follett novels and have thrown them away in disgust, and vowed never to sully myself with them again. Maybe I should try re-reading them. Having said that I also hated Bernard Cronwall books (Sharpe) but quite enjoyed the TV series.

Feb 2011
British Empire
Really,I have attempted to read a few Ken Follett novels and have thrown them away in disgust, and vowed never to sully myself with them again. Maybe I should try re-reading them. Having said that I also hated Bernard Cronwall books (Sharpe) but quite enjoyed the TV series.
Haha-You seem to hate my two favourite authors!:lol::notrust: :sad:

I would definately encourage you to read, or re-read, some of Follett's and Cornwell's books. :) ;)

Similar History Discussions