Sweden wins the Great Northern War

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Peter being deposed is not going to happen , under any circumstances
even if the Swedes occupy Moscow , the poles and French had been there and it did them no good
there was no worthwhile rival claimant
Peter would still have his Semenovsky and Preobrazhensky elite regiments ( or what's left of them )
they were fanatic in their obedience and his best support
Yes, it's on the side of the fantastical, but then it's a what-if that assumes Charles won. Charles' objective was the removal of Peter from the throne of Russia in favour of some non-entity that wouldn't bother him. We can say the OP what-if is wholly unrealistic, but the question it posed was what if Sweden wins?

The OP assumes Sweden wins. If Peter is un-deposable, him just ending up dead is a functional alternative. It just might take a bit longer since it involves working out that deposition, like as was done with August the Strong, is not an option.

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41bshEGIeNL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I am reading this book. 1793 by Niklas Natt och Dag.

What are the Swedish members thinking about it?
Haven't read it, but I might. It's gotten some fantastic reviews.

(The title refers to the beginning of the "iron years" under first minister Reutherholm, after the assassination of king Gustav III in 1792, which the harshest period of royal absolutism and outright dictature in Swedish history.)

Similar History Discussions