Taiwan and China

Aug 2009
china
chiang is not very black-hearted in mainland's film now. the communist government want to unite taiwan. so the komingtan are not bad now compare with 20 years ago when chiang is a monstor.

crossroadclarence

Ad Honorem
Oct 2007
Borneo~ that big Island in S.E. ASIA
Yes...economics has softened both sides, I think. It has nothing to do with politics anymore, but everything to do with the rice bowl.

Sep 2009
They generally see him in a positive light, as the fore runner of the revolution and general sympathetic of communist cause.

the city of Wu Han (where the eventually succesful revolution in 1910 started began) is planing to erect a huge monument schedueld to finish next year in remembering of the 100 years of the revolution (aka the 100 year of the Republic of China's beginning )

crossroadclarence

Ad Honorem
Oct 2007
So would you say that Sun Yat-sen is a uniting personality for Chinese, no matter where they live?

crossroadclarence

Ad Honorem
Oct 2007
I agree...Funny. The first biography I ever read at 9 years old was his!
Singapore has a nice museum about him.

Oct 2008
Melbourne
Is Chiang supposed to be Jiang? ...
Chiang Kai-shek goes by many names. The name he's usually known by in the West is the Wade-Giles romanization of his name (originally a pen name) in Cantonese. In Mandarin Pinyin romanization, that would be Jiang Jieshi, which is the name he's officially known by in the People's Republic of China.