Telford

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Last edited:
Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
You are right Nao! But it still brings in the question about taxi drivers in the area. If them, how many other areas are covered by taxi drivers of a certain religion? The police really need to hit this problem at 100 mph. Do I think they will do that? No.

Jun 2012
What is the real extent of these atrocities ?

Why do these things (so far) seem to happen only in the UK ?
I'm pretty sure they happen everywhere. Attitudes have changed in the UK, they haven't in most of the rest of the world. These girls are now seen as victims in the UK, not long ago they were seen as the problem.

Again this is a case where society once turned a blind eye and is now looking for someone to blame for not doing something.

These girls that the Daily Mail now (rightly) calls "victims" would have been castigated by the same newspaper 20 years ago for being "out of control" and "running wild".

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
I though the Telford scandal was because the victims were europeans while the abusers were pakistanis .
the local police and authorities were reluctant to investigate and wanted to avoid the risk of being charged with racism
In Britain , a much more serious offense than the run of the mill child abusing

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure they happen everywhere. Attitudes have changed in the UK, they haven't in most of the rest of the world. These girls are now seen as victims in the UK, not long ago they were seen as the problem.

Again this is a case where society once turned a blind eye and is now looking for someone to blame for not doing something.

These girls that the Daily Mail now (rightly) calls "victims" would have been castigated by the same newspaper 20 years ago for being "out of control" and "running wild".
Nonsense this has never been OK in the UK.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
Telford is a dump. Not much else to do there.
What a disgusting series of posts, from members I (used to) respect.

@hop The Daily Mail et al would typically go after students (and young people in genera)l in the ‘running wild / binge drinking’ stories. The reports made public, and the stories known about, are very different to your assertions.

Nonsense this has never been OK in the UK.
Thanks. It’s seems the only Brit I can relate to here is actually Dutch!

Oct 2016
On a magic carpet
The Daily Mail is not a trustworthy source of information. The publication is increasingly blacklisted by advertisers due to its extreme right wing content, unethical practices, and morally bankrupt behaviour (such as blackmail, intimidation and threats) not to mention serious factual inaccuracies and a serious problem with racism and xenophobia so bad it had to be called out by the UN.

The paper is subject to an increasingly successful boycott by ethical consumers concerned about the poisonous content it publishes, and the repeated failure of authorities to take action. At least one of its columnists was recently arrested for spreading racial hatred in South Africa after writing articles for a Canadian neo-Nazi website. Incidentally, the Daily Mail itself supported Hitler and the Nazis when they were in power, even publishing an article titled "Hurrah for the blackshirts" (you can look it up).

The BBC link is probably more trustworthy, for the most part. Also the Wiki article is reasonably good https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Sounds to me like the local council failed abysmally in its duty to protect the people of the area. Selfish personal interests of the councillors took precedence over the rights of the people they were supposed to be serving. Utterly shameful. As for the perpetrators, they should be... well I don't want to say things that are not nice. Suffice to say, "punished most severely".

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
The Daily Mail is not a trustworthy source of information. The publication is increasingly blacklisted by advertisers due to its extreme right wing content, unethical practices, and morally bankrupt behaviour (such as blackmail, intimidation and threats) not to mention serious factual inaccuracies and a serious problem with racism and xenophobia so bad it had to be called out by the UN.

The paper is subject to an increasingly successful boycott by ethical consumers concerned about the poisonous content it publishes, and the repeated failure of authorities to take action. At least one of its columnists was recently arrested for spreading racial hatred in South Africa after writing articles for a Canadian neo-Nazi website. Incidentally, the Daily Mail itself supported Hitler and the Nazis when they were in power, even publishing an article titled "Hurrah for the blackshirts" (you can look it up).

The BBC link is probably more trustworthy, for the most part. Also the Wiki article is reasonably good https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Sounds to me like the local council failed abysmally in its duty to protect the people of the area. Selfish personal interests of the councillors took precedence over the rights of the people they were supposed to be serving. Utterly shameful. As for the perpetrators, they should be... well I don't want to say things that are not nice. Suffice to say, "punished most severely".
The local council and police failed abysmally, as did the MP’s. Everyone who should have stopped it didn’t and (if we are to believe the Mail, see below) still aren’t.

Interesting that you go to great lengths to dismiss the Mail, then in your last paragraph basically write exactly what the Mail has been saying, did you read the Mail article or do you have a macro set-up to post the above whenever the Daily Mail is mentioned?

Indeed, your punishment being considered (inferred at least) would be at total odds with the stories/justifications/viewpoints being given by the Guardian and other similar publications, and wholly inline with the Daily Mail.

NB; I do not read the Mail or like the paper in general terms, even though it’s free online.