Telford

Jun 2012
Nonsense this has never been OK in the UK.
It's never been OK. But in the past the girls involved would have been blamed for their behaviour, as well as being considered the victims of abuse.

Some newspapers are keen to run with the race angle, but the truth is the scandal of abuse in care homes etc show that it's nothing to do with race, everything to do with a reluctance to tackle such difficult cases. Children were abused in care homes by (mostly) white teachers and social workers and it went on until recently because nobody tried hard enough to stop it. And that's true across the western world.

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
What a disgusting series of posts, from members I (used to) respect...

Thanks. It’s seems the only Brit I can relate to here is actually Dutch!
Agreed

The Daily Mail is not a trustworthy source of information. The publication is increasingly blacklisted by advertisers due to its extreme right wing content, unethical practices, and morally bankrupt behaviour
It was the Daily Mail who campaigned for years on behalf of the family of the murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence, hardly the actions of an 'extreme right wing' publication. It is a right leaning paper, but not 'extreme'.
What paper do you prefer, the left wing Guardian? That was a paper that before the war pushed a eugenics agenda. The same newspaper that dismissed the victims of the gangs under discussion as fantasists.
All newspapers, left or right, have a past

Some newspapers are keen to run with the race angle, but the truth is the scandal of abuse in care homes etc show that it's nothing to do with race, everything to do with a reluctance to tackle such difficult cases. Children were abused in care homes by (mostly) white teachers and social workers and it went on until recently because nobody tried hard enough to stop it. And that's true across the western world.
Most of the victims of the gangs were not 'in care homes' or under the care of the local authority. They mostly came from stable homes. Some victims were taken into care because the families requested it, in an attempt to hide their children from the gangs
There is a 'race angle', the (white English) victims of the gangs gave evidence in court, and in inquiries, that they had been racially abused while they were being tortured, raped and trafficked for the purpose of forced prostitution.
It also has to be remembered that around 6 people have died at the hands of these gangs, most of them children. These are just the ones we know about so far, there are probably many others. Making a stand against organised crime, heroin trafficking, people trafficking, forced prostitution etc is a dangerous thing to do. You could end up chopped into little pieces, as one victim did (Charlene Downes age 14)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1552482/Missing-girls-body-put-into-kebab.html

Last edited:

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
Unfortunately I know a lot about this 'atrocity' [you are right to use that word]. I live in an area where these organised crime gangs operate and like most people here i know some of the victims and their families.

It is very widespread, especially in the north of England. There are tens of thousands of victims, some estimates have put it at close to one million victims (see MP Sarah Champion's report in the Daily Mirror, a left leaning popular newspaper btw)

There have been about 60 court cases, so far, where gangs have been found guilty and given long prison sentences. There have been multiple gangs convicted in towns such as Keighley, Rotherham, Rochdale, Oldham.

Why do these things (so far) seem to happen only in the UK ?
I am not sure it does only happen in the UK, but an answer might be that the UK has a high proportion of organised crime by Pakistani heritage gangs. These are the main perpatrators

How come this has been going on for such a long time ?
The authorities were scared to act because they feared accusations of racism. As the prime minister said after the publication of the 'Jay Report', there was a culture of 'institutionalised political correctness'

And how come after Rotterham such crimes were still going on an industrial scale ?

Rotherham child abuse: The background to the scandal - BBC News
Yes it is an ongoing situation. Each time a gang gets convicted, it gets reported in local papers, but often these reports do not make into the national press.
It is still being covered up in my opinion

Last edited:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
About the same in Australia ,
there is an ideological confluence between , Labor ,extreme libertarian and social sciences academic .
whites men bad .......immigrant poor victims
that's wouldn't be so bad if it didn't result in an very effective silence on immigrant communities serious crime problems

There was the case of the New Year eve mass sexual assault on German women in Cologne and other cities
main media kept silent on the incident
the Mayor Henriette Reke first reaction was to blame the women for going to celebrate

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
This is one of the victims from Rotherham, from the first gang trial in the town (there has been at least 3 trials of gangs in that one town so far) She has waived her right to anonimity in order to campaign against these organised crime gangs. Victims have been murdered for going to the police in the past. She is an extremely brave young lady.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
an mainstream journalists are craven bastards ,
their silence was deafening
reporting only when they have no other choice , then wondering at their loss of credibility

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
What a disgusting series of posts, from members I (used to) respect.

@hop The Daily Mail et al would typically go after students (and young people in genera)l in the ‘running wild / binge drinking’ stories. The reports made public, and the stories known about, are very different to your assertions.

Thanks. It’s seems the only Brit I can relate to here is actually Dutch!
I think you are missing out on the real world. There is little doubt that these crimes were committed by these accused. In fact, as i write, many have already been sentenced.