Telford

Jan 2012
edge of ceasars empire
Unfortunately I know a lot about this 'atrocity' [you are right to use that word]. I live in an area where these organised crime gangs operate and like most people here i know some of the victims and their families.

It is very widespread, especially in the north of England. There are tens of thousands of victims, some estimates have put it at close to one million victims (see MP Sarah Champion's report in the Daily Mirror, a left leaning popular newspaper btw)

There have been about 60 court cases, so far, where gangs have been found guilty and given long prison sentences. There have been multiple gangs convicted in towns such as Keighley, Rotherham, Rochdale, Oldham.

I am not sure it does only happen in the UK, but an answer might be that the UK has a high proportion of organised crime by Pakistani heritage gangs. These are the main perpatrators

The authorities were scared to act because they feared accusations of racism. As the prime minister said after the publication of the 'Jay Report', there was a culture of 'institutionalised political correctness'

Yes it is an ongoing situation. Each time a gang gets convicted, it gets reported in local papers, but often these reports do not make into the national press.
It is still being covered up in my opinion
We've had this problem in my community too (West End of Newcastle) Its shameful that both the community that commits these crimes (Pakistani Muslim) and those who are charged with protecting the Victims (social services and Local authorities etc) won't face up to their responsibilities. I read that a local mosque leader wanted the victims to accept financial compensation from the Muslim community to drop the charges, so that the perpetrators of these crimes wouldn't have their ''good names'' ruined by a court case and prison sentence. The Police and social services throughout the enquiry trotted out the line that both the perpetrators and the victims came from various communities (in order not to be accused of the heinous pc crime of racism),when they knew all along that they were dealing with a crime where the perpetrators where all Pakistani Muslims (taxi drivers and takeaway owners) and the victims young white women and girls.
There must have been at least one of these Muslim sex abuse scandals exposed every year for the last 10 years or so and they'll keep on being exposed until the authorities stop being afraid of being labelled racist and the Pakistani community get their heads out of the sand and sort out the bad apples in their community.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
We've had this problem in my community too (West End of Newcastle) Its shameful that both the community that commits these crimes (Pakistani Muslim) and those who are charged with protecting the Victims (social services and Local authorities etc) won't face up to their responsibilities. I read that a local mosque leader wanted the victims to accept financial compensation from the Muslim community to drop the charges, so that the perpetrators of these crimes wouldn't have their ''good names'' ruined by a court case and prison sentence. The Police and social services throughout the enquiry trotted out the line that both the perpetrators and the victims came from various communities (in order not to be accused of the heinous pc crime of racism),when they knew all along that they were dealing with a crime where the perpetrators where all Pakistani Muslims (taxi drivers and takeaway owners) and the victims young white women and girls.
There must have been at least one of these Muslim sex abuse scandals exposed every year for the last 10 years or so and they'll keep on being exposed until the authorities stop being afraid of being labelled racist and the Pakistani community get their heads out of the sand and sort out the bad apples in their community.
You are very brave to state the"Bleedin" obvious Lemmy. Just about everyone else in the country who is in a position of power will swear on their Grandmother's grave that there was nothing in common between the various criminals caught up here. (Can I hear the footsteps of a "Mod"?)