Territorial changes in Europe during WWII

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
I've been doing some research on WWII history, especially territorial changes in Europe prior and during WWII.
So I've played with Google Earth a bit to recreate European borders in 1941, before Barbarossa.

Here it is:

We can use this thread to discuss territorial changes in Europe during WWII.

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
If I remember well enough, the germans had to make sure romanians and hungarians weren't on the same part of the front because they would start fighting each other.
Yes. Hitler had poor opinion of both armies, especially Hungarians. He blamed both Hungarians and Romanians for failures on the Eastern front. I'm not sure, but I think the Soviets breached through Romanian positions in the Battle of Stalingrad.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
If I remember well enough, the germans had to make sure romanians and hungarians weren't on the same part of the front because they would start fighting each other.
... this was new information for me and now i am wondering now why your WWII politicians chose axis side. It looks like they were pressed to give up of your land by Germany in order to appease or convince your neighbors to join the axis /craiova treaty/. The question is what you got in return? Reading in the moment that Stalin (!) returned northern transylvania to you after the end of WWII.

Similar History Discussions