Texas pride

Aug 2018
london
Things might get better over time due to demographic trends gradually making Texas browner and browner, though.
Mod edit: This is a deliberate misquote which is banned by Historum rules. The original language in post # 10 was bluer and bluer, not browner and browner. If you want to talk about browner and browner, do it under your own name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
There are plenty of Asians who aren't "brown". Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, some Vietnamese, some Indians, et cetera. For that matter, there are also plenty of white Hispanics and white Latinos.

Sep 2014
Texas
HELL NO! Not in regards to the death penalty, in any case.

Things might get better over time due to demographic trends gradually making Texas bluer and bluer, though. :)
Blue states tend to be controlled by cities...I suppose as more and more of Texas is plowed under it will become bluer. I hope I am dead before that happens. There is a beauty about rural Texas that no blue state can ever duplicate. We fought hard to become a decent place to live and it's sad that all that horror is coming back.

Zip

Jan 2018
San Antonio
Blue states tend to be controlled by cities...I suppose as more and more of Texas is plowed under it will become bluer. I hope I am dead before that happens.
Make out your will.

Last edited:
Oct 2019
Near the dogbowl
Startling lack of actual Texans posting, but one Texan is worth .5 Australians so I'll post.

*Texas has been proud of Texas since before it was Tejas. Texas is derived from Texicas no banche meaning "you redneck brother in law who boasts a lot."
*From our jackalopes to our chupacabras, Texas has the most diverse wildlife in the Southern Estadoes Unidos. We have scorpions, black widow and brown recluse spiders, rattlers and water moccasins, all kinds of birds and chicken hawks and roadrunners, wild pigs and javalinas, and the occasional newcomer from New Jersey.
*Texans have been speaking native Spanish and eating Texmex since before Pocahontas served Washington his first bag of freedom fries. Our people come from many wild and strange foreign lands: Europe, Central and South America, Asia, India, Louisiana. There are newcomers and people who have relatives from before the Mayflower.
*Texans are highly diverse. Houston is rated the most diverse city in the Americas. It had the first lesbian mayor in the US, and acts like its Pittsburgh but with oil and guns. Dallas is the most western East Coast city in the US, whereas Austin is the most eastern Bay Area city. San Antonio is its own world and was partying before New Orleans was a figment in King Louis' eye.
*Texas has the space industry, aerospace, energy, California tech, and deepwater industries. You want high tech? Build submersibles to work on the sea floor 12,000 feet down.
*Austin was once the land of hippies. Now it is the land of Californians. Bordering towns were entrusted by Sam Houston to build the great Shield Wall to contain them. It leaks a little (there are three California families on my street, I teach them the ways of barbeque and fajita and in return they show me how to use the buttons on my remote).
*The battleship Texas sits astride the US SQR (Strategic Queso reserve) protecting it from Mother Russia and Canada. We keep The Holy Queso safe, for generations to come.

So Texas, is proud. Always remember, Texas, the gateway to New Mexico!

Reactions: Zip

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Texas is progressive only if you're a big shot businessman; the average working stiff is powerless and worse yet, servile. The elites deny the working class political and economic power but allow them rowdy behavior, guns and a false pride that's embodied in "tough guy" behavior. Just so you don't get tough with the elites. When needing advice you're expected to consult your pastor, who is a businessman himself and can be counted on to look after the interests of the elites.
If you hold the tail of an elephant in one’s hand, one might think the elephant is like a snake. if you try to put your arms around the elephant’s foot, one might believe the elephant is held up by big, sturdy columns; if you grab it by its ears, one might believe it’s like cloth. The lesson here is that Texas is many things to many people - it’s a big state with lots of different ethnicities here. One size does not fit all.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Blue states tend to be controlled by cities...I suppose as more and more of Texas is plowed under it will become bluer. I hope I am dead before that happens. There is a beauty about rural Texas that no blue state can ever duplicate. We fought hard to become a decent place to live and it's sad that all that horror is coming back.
Come on, this not what’s happening at all. Cities - and Texas has more than its share of big ones - make up an absolutely TINY part of the surface area of Texas with beaucoups of empty space in between.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
You won't hear Anglo Texans criticizing Travis, Crockett and the New Orleans Greys for being illegal aliens.

Yeah, those Texians in the Alamo were caught with their pants down and were forced to take refuge in the Alamo; they'd assumed the Mexicans were still far to the south. They couldn't retreat so holed up. Many of them were mercenaries and freebooters from the United States and could expect no mercy.
Most of the Alamo defenders were from the US, though there were locals as well. Bowie for one, though he obviously wasn’t originally from around here either. There were even a few slaves caught in the middle (and slavery was illegal in Mexico). From what I learned, the Mexican flag with the numbers “1824” on it flew over the Alamo. However, I have read that the National Museum in Mexico City only has a flag from the New Orleans Greys and not the 1824 flag, so who knows?

The significance of the 1824 flag is that it was not a flag of Secession, but a sign that the Mexican Constitution in force at the time is what the Texicans supported.