The AEF defeats the Bolsheviks

May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
The allied expeditionary force to Siberia succeeds in defeating the Bolsheviks. How would this have affected things historically?

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
The Russian Civil War would still continue. Who would win...eh, that's a tough question.

Reactions: Kubis Gabcik

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
How would the Russian Civil War still continue if the AEF helps the white russians win?
The question then is: what White Russians? The Whites were only a loose coallition united by their opposition to the Reds with some warlords just doing their own thing. Those differing ideologies were bound to clash at some point.

Reactions: Menshevik

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
So the OP is asking 'What would the 20th century be like without Communism or at least without Russian Communism?' I will assume the Russian Civil War is won by a Karensky-style democrat but it does not take. Within ten years Russian democracy falls to some kind of authoritarian regime, probably some kind of dictatorship. After that, the 20th century unfolds pretty much the same as it did. Germany and Russia will never be allies. They have too many competing interests. Hitler still wants his living space in the east so he invades Russia. Russia, the US, and Britain still combine to defeat Germany. After the war there is a protracted rivalry between the US and Russia. Without a doctrine or philosophy of Communism the Russians might not try to dominate the world with like-minded countries, but I don't think they would try to live peacefully with the democratic-capitalists either. The European empires would still break up after WW2, but the independence movements would probably not be Communist. They might be supported by the Russians. The bi-polar Cold War might return to a multi-polar model earlier than 1990.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
So the OP is asking 'What would the 20th century be like without Communism or at least without Russian Communism?' I will assume the Russian Civil War is won by a Karensky-style democrat but it does not take. Within ten years Russian democracy falls to some kind of authoritarian regime, probably some kind of dictatorship. After that, the 20th century unfolds pretty much the same as it did. Germany and Russia will never be allies. They have too many competing interests. Hitler still wants his living space in the east so he invades Russia. Russia, the US, and Britain still combine to defeat Germany. After the war there is a protracted rivalry between the US and Russia. Without a doctrine or philosophy of Communism the Russians might not try to dominate the world with like-minded countries, but I don't think they would try to live peacefully with the democratic-capitalists either. The European empires would still break up after WW2, but the independence movements would probably not be Communist. They might be supported by the Russians. The bi-polar Cold War might return to a multi-polar model earlier than 1990.
While I believe the Russia/the West post-WW2 rivalry would have still happened in some shape, I don't think the tensions would have been as great as in the actual Cold War if we remove the competing ideologies.

May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
With no Lenin and Stalin and his lackeys things would have been better off for the Cossacks, Kulaks, and other folks that they would have deported or liquidated.

Reactions: Futurist