The Alamo - 6 March 1836

Mar 2012
I know the film suffered from an early rotation of directors.
Overall, I liked the film. It focused more on the lives of the men and not so much on
the battle & it didn't go overboard in attempting to be a message movie or loaded with fluffy patriotism or racism.​
It was miscast, over budget, overscripted, went through too many drafts.

Was supposed to be an R rated reality, a saving private ryan, braveheart epic.

Ended up being a b-team flick, one of the biggest box office bombs of the last 50 years.

It should've been very good.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
I'm glad it wasn't bloody, gory and ampt'd up. When given the green light
to do that, Hollywood goes overboard and gores for gore sake.​

Mar 2012
I'm glad it wasn't bloody, gory and ampt'd up. When given the green light
to do that, Hollywood goes overboard and gores for gore sake.​
It was supposed to be directd by Ron Howard, Russell Crowe was attached to play Bowie or Crockett, I don't remember which.

It was a much grander film in scope at the start.

I doubt Howard would've initiated a gorefest.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
^ You're most welcome Glory.
The artwork of Gary Zaboly is amazing.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Noble-Men-Alan-Huffines/dp/1571688927"]Amazon.com: Blood of Noble Men (9781571688927): Alan C. Huffines, Gary S. Zaboly: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61DLLyq550L.@@AMEPARAM@@61DLLyq550L[/ame]

Mar 2010
Texas
Whatever you may think about the Battle, and all of the not so subtle missing information about the final outcome, one thing can not be denied.

In March of the year 1836, some 180+ individuals, not goaded nor threaghtened by a higher power, made a stand.

180 against 1000's, It can not be denied.

Oct 2011
Norway
Let us all remember the last Norwegian victory, at anything. It must have inspired many.

Mexico won the battle of the Alamo this is a fact. You may not like it you may act like a child when sombody tells you. But it was a Mexican victory

this is a historical fact.

and this is a history board where we speak of what actualy happend and not what we wish happend.

and i don`t see what Norway has to do in this thread. But i gues it is better to attack Norway than to say that Mexico did win the battle of the alamo.....

Similar History Discussions