The American Involvement in Laos

Status
Closed
Jan 2018
Good morning/ evening lovely ppl,
I was lately reading a lot about the civil war in Laos and the American involvement in there and now I am quite confused about the following:
1- What is the special thing about the administration of Kennedy during that war and what makes his term different from the other presidencies in regards to that war?
2- When did exactly the CIA become paramilitary; during Kennedy's presidency or Eisenhower's?
3- Who is the American president who marked a significant role in the Laos civil war?
4- Who is the American president who came up with the idea of a secret war?
5- Why didn't the Laos government mind the intervention of the US in their land or how did the US convince them?
6- Why did Kennedy refuse any military action in Laos at first and then decided otherwise by sending combat troops?
7- What are the main policies and decision made by Kennedy concerning the war in Laos?

These are my questions and I hope that u can clear up things for me so I can do a proper job. Thnx in advance!

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
2. The CIA was already a paramilitary organization before Kennedy. During the Eisenhower administration the CIA operated U-2 spy flights over the USSR. The CIA planned the Bay of Pigs operation during the final months of the Eisenhower administration but didn't execute the plan until after Kennedy took office.

Jan 2018
2. The CIA was already a paramilitary organization before Kennedy. During the Eisenhower administration the CIA operated U-2 spy flights over the USSR. The CIA planned the Bay of Pigs operation during the final months of the Eisenhower administration but didn't execute the plan until after Kennedy took office.
Thnx a million!

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions