The assassination of john f kennedy

Apr 2018
Australia
Hi i just need anyone (literally anyone) to answer these 3 questions for me :) it would help me out alot.

1. What is your age?
- <15
- 16-18
- 18-25
- 25-35
- 35+

2. In your opinion, who do you believe shot President Kennedy? If you are able to justify your opinion please elaborate.

3. Has anything influenced your opinion? (i.e movies, books, articles etc.) If so please specify

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Hi i just need anyone (literally anyone) to answer these 3 questions for me :) it would help me out alot.

1. What is your age?
- <15
- 16-18
- 18-25
- 25-35
- 35+

2. In your opinion, who do you believe shot President Kennedy? If you are able to justify your opinion please elaborate.

3. Has anything influenced your opinion? (i.e movies, books, articles etc.) If so please specify
Just saw this.

1. +35

2. Lee Harvey Oswald.

The gun that shot Kennedy was found in the building where Oswald worked, Oswald was known to have such gun, and Oswald was responsible for killing cop later tne same day. Not widely reported, but many did hear and see the gunmen in the window of the Book Depository. Oswald tried killing someone else before, Walker, and although not proven, the fragment of the bullet found at the scene had the same chemical analysis as the bullet that killed Kennedy.

Also, Oswald left work in the middle of the day just after the shooting, and did not wait around to be interviewed by the police, who certainly would have wanted to interview all tne people who worked at the building for what they had seen. I know that there is talk of a conspiracy, but everybody would have to be in on it - his wife, and others that gave information on him that help supported the view Oswald was the killer. Numerous witnessed identified him as the man who killed the cop. To support a conspiracy, you would have to suppose the use of someone who looked just like him, demomstrate more competency than the CIA has ever shown.

3. I was strongly influenced by MLark Fuhrman's "A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963". He pointed out that police investigations are often more sloppy, with mistakes, than we like to think. (I recall that when the Prime Minister of Sweden was murdered, it was a reporter who found shells from the gun that shot him several days later.

The police had missed crucial evidence that an ordinary reporter easily found). Because of prestige of the victim, the autospy was conducted by military personnel who didn't havd experience in murder autospies, instead of more experienced police corners. Vital evidence was lost - windshield of the Presidential Limo was simply repaired, without preserving the damaged windshield frame as evidence. Fuhrman actually rejects the single bullet theory, but still believes Oswald was the lone gunman. Fuhrman believes that the single bullet tneory was created because vital evidence was lost or not preserved, and the single bullet theory was created to explain away tne lost evidence. And evidence like tne Zapruder film can be misleading. Fuhrman, who was an experienced detective, explained in real murder cases, you don't always get all the pieces to fit.

Fuhrman said there were lots of conspiracies - conspiracy to hide the fact of lost evidence, conspiracy to hide poorly conducted autopsy not done by corners experienced in murders, all kinds of conspiracies. Just not a conspiracy in killing the President, it was simple act of murder.

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!

1. What is your age?
- <15
- 16-18
- 18-25
- 25-35
- 35+

It would be more instructive to know your age.

Reactions: arkteia

paranoid marvin

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
uk
1.+35

2. I certainly think Oswald shot at the cavalcade, but I think others knew and there was perhaps at least one other gunman, perhaps two. But Oswald was the 'stand out' gunman and so the 'patsy'.

3.Seen lots of documentaries and a couple of movies. Probably the most interesting theory is the one about the FBI accidentally letting off his gun, and firing into the President's car. Although fiction, I also enjoyed King's novel.

Mike McClure

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Indiana
1. 69.
2. Oswald.
3. On Oswald, the best book is Mark Fuhrman A Simple Act of Murder. The best book on Oswald didn't do it is G. J. A O'Toole The assassination tapes.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
+35

Lee Harvey Oswald

Occam's Razor.

Also, to eliminate a president, the latter really has to be either very bad, or very dangerous, or threaten someone in huge power to an extreme.

In most of such plots, something goes amiss, some loose ends are sticking out. We'd know by now if it were someone but Oswald.

JFK was a pretty average president. He turned into a mega-star by being killed on national TV, in full public view. I think had he survived, he'd be viewed as cross between Carter (politically) and Clinton (personally) today. Instead, we have the Camelot.

But did anyone else plan to kill him? Unlikely.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
25-35 and completely agreed with Bart Dale's answers and analysis for questions #2 and #3 here.

sculptingman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2009
San Diego

Lee Harvey Oswald

Why? the overwhelming preponderance of evidence and not one shred of evidence supporting any theory of other shooters.
Oswald bought the gun. He first used it to try and kill Walker. He POSED with the gun, holding a newspaper with the cover story of the attempt on walker's life. He had a demonstrated craving for notoriety.
The School Book depository was the ideal spot from which to shoot. No other location in the plaza had the slightest chance of hitting kennedy. Shooting at a person in a car traveling laterally to the shooter is a nearly impossible shot to make, but from the school book depository window- Kennedy's relative motion would be in a straight line moving away from the sniper- this affords the highest chance that the path of the bullet and the path of the target intersect for the longest possible time, which means the timing of the shot does not have to be perfect. Moreover... Oswald was aiming at kennedy;s center of mass- his chest. His first shot missed- likely lodged in a tree... the second shot hit high of his chest- and the third shot was higher still... This pattern of error in aiming is well documented to occur when riflemen are firing downwards in a hurry. each successive shot is placed higher as the shooter overcompensates for the fact that a round fired downward does not drop as much as when firing level.

in addition- it has never taken more than one person to shoot a president. In fact, lone gunmen have a much better chance of success, because the more people involved in any conspiracy, the greater the likelihood that one of them will commit an error and be discovered. 2 Conspirators multiplies the risk by 4. 3 multiplies it by 9. This is why most assassinations have only been a single shooter. Even the Lincoln assassination... which was a conspiracy of at least 5 people, did not send more than one man to shoot Lincoln- rather each man was supposed to go after a different target.

Furthermore, Look up Dale Myers exhaustive 3D recreation of the shooting. He matched his animated model to every piece of film of the motorcade so that he could prove the second shooter. Instead- he ended up proving that the ONLY possible firing solution was from the School Book Depository.

And lastly- Oswald's own brother was absolutely certain that Lee Harvey had committed the crime.

Reactions: Fiver and Futurist

Davidius

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
Pillium
1 - 35+

2 - Oswald dunnit.

3 - What Bart Dale said.

Oswald had a classic “little man” personality, desperate to make his mark on the world. No need for any conspiracy theory here, just a frustrated outsider seeking some kind of validation.