The assassination of john f kennedy

sculptingman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2009
San Diego
That was just one of the things. Which sadly became a main part of the conclusion for some. Other evidence, such as the various statements by medical professional witnesses was more important.
And the debunking was more an expression of opinion by FBI, not actual evidence AFAIK.

His head snaps backwards. Here is a stabilized version of the film.
A version of the jittery original is here:
, check starting at the 0:50 mark.
Clearly the head snaps back after impact of the bullet.

The head snapping back has been explained in 3 ways:
- bullet from the back + neuromuscular reaction [debunked, it is neither of the two possible reactions: “decorticate” or “decerebrate” ]
- bullet from the back + jet effect, a later theory [also debunked, calculations miss the initial impact, i.e. the majority of energy is at initial impact and should fling head violently forward, if hit from the back, not backward]
- bullet from the front
More on that, for example, here: Kennedys And King - NOVA’s Cold Case: JFK - the Junk Science Behind PBS’s Recent Foray into the Crime of the Century

That was the base view, this is the other view:

That is too little damage. Looks rather pristine to me, this bullet is supposed to have bounced against several bones & fractured them. Even if the seating was such that it did not need to zig-zag, then it still fractures many bones.
And for example the back-wound of the governor was too large (3 cm) for an entry wound, unless the bullet was already shredded into shrapnel, which it apparently wasn't ... how does that work?
Ergo the logical suspicion was that this is not the actual bullet, but somebody decided to 'help' the investigation by putting this one on a gurney in the hospital...
His head does NOT snap backwards at the moment of the impact- as you can clearly see in Fivers' posted gif of the frames before and after impact.
After about a fifth of kennedy's brain is ejected from the front of his skull by a bullet that passed THRU his skull- his head recoils backwards but takes 5 frame to get back where it was. This is the result of two forces acting on Kennedy's head- one the ejection of that much mass out of his head is like a rocket nozzle- it has a reaction. and secondly, his back muscles spasmed from the nervous system shock of the bullet passing thru his brain.

As to YOUR opinion of the bullet being Too pristine- that't just because you are ignorant.
In one test of the single bullet theory, they took an identical rifle, firing an identical round and shot the bullet into the end of a LOG. They then split the log open to extract the bullet- it had penetrated 3 feet into solid wood and came out looking about the same as the bullet they recovered from the assassination, except it wasn't flattened laterally because, unlike the oswald bullet... it didn't hit anything sideways.

The bullet started to tumble as it entered kennedy's upper back- in further testing it was found that the carcano rounds always tumble upon impact with soft tissue. Which explains the wide exit wound in kennedy's neck and the wide hole in connally's back. the bullet stopped when it hit the heaviest part of connally's radius sideways, fracturing it.

once more... numerous tests conducted over time have proven that the bullet was NOT magic- it flew in a straight line- and all the holes in the passengers and car line up with a straight line centered on the snipers nest window. the cullet was more than capable of making all those wounds and coming out looking exactly as it did, not pristine, but damaged at the tip, and flattened by a force so hard that it squeezed solid lead out the bottom of the bullet like toothpaste.
'Stop believing horse pucky.

Reactions: Fiver and Edratman

sculptingman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2009
San Diego
Oliver Stone's JFK makes 300 look like a documentary. Here are a few of the ways Stone deliberately falsified events.
True Story-
One day I went with my girlfriend to a movie in Downtown Santa Monica. As we left the theater after the movie and crossed the street to the garage I nearly bumped into a man walking across the street the other way... as we walked on, my girlfriend asked me if I recognized the man. I said I didn;t even really look at him. She said that was Oliver Stone.

And I said- "Damn, If I had recognized him I would have punched him right in the mouth "
She asked why and I said "for making JFK".

Fiver

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
His head snaps backwards. Here is a stabilized version of the film.
A version of the jittery original is here:
, check starting at the 0:50 mark.
Thank you for posting those. Both clearly show the spray of matter coming out of the front of front of JFK's head, clear proof that the fatal bullet struck him from behind.

Clearly the head snaps back after impact of the bullet.
The head snapping back has been explained in 3 ways:
- bullet from the back + neuromuscular reaction [debunked, it is neither of the two possible reactions: “decorticate” or “decerebrate” ]
- bullet from the back + jet effect, a later theory [also debunked, calculations miss the initial impact, i.e. the majority of energy is at initial impact and should fling head violently forward, if hit from the back, not backward]
- bullet from the front
I have seen the head snapping back explained as:
- bullet from the back + neuromuscular reaction
- bullet from the back + jet effect
- bullet from the back + the car accelarating
- bullet from the back + some combination of the above
- bullet from the front

The only one that has been debunked is bullet from the front. Take a look at the Mythbusters episode "Blown Away", where they debunk various gun myths. Only in Hollywood could a bullet have caused the "back and to the left" motion. The Mythbusters shot their test dummy with a 50 Cal Barrett, a much bigger bullet and moving much faster than anything JFK's killer could have used. The test dummy was knocked back about an inch.

Firing from the Grassy Knoll would be one of the worst place to try to target JFK, due to the lateral movement of the President's limo. Any bullet fired from Grassy Knoll would have to be a truly magic bullet. It would have to pass inches from the heads of crowd members lining the street, yet make no noise. It would have to stop when it struck JFK's head instead of punching out the left side of JFK's skull and hitting Jackie Kennedy.. And it would have to completely disappear, leaving no fragments in JFK's skiull.

More on that, for example, here: Kennedys And King - NOVA’s Cold Case: JFK - the Junk Science Behind PBS’s Recent Foray into the Crime of the Century[/quote]

Your link is to the opinion of an ophthalmologist.

That is too little damage. Looks rather pristine to me, this bullet is supposed to have bounced against several bones & fractured them. Even if the seating was such that it did not need to zig-zag, then it still fractures many bones.
And for example the back-wound of the governor was too large (3 cm) for an entry wound, unless the bullet was already shredded into shrapnel, which it apparently wasn't ... how does that work?
Ergo the logical suspicion was that this is not the actual bullet, but somebody decided to 'help' the investigation by putting this one on a gurney in the hospital...
Bullet CE399 was not pristine.

It was not deformed in the way most bullets are deformed, but Bullet CE399 was heavily deformed. The idea that Bullet CE399 was planted makes absolutely no sense. A planted bullet would mean there were too many bullets to be found. Also, anyone planting a bullet would have used a conventionally deformed one. Forensic analysis has also shown Bullet CE399 has rifling makes showing it was fired from Oswald's rifle and that the bullet fragments found in Connally's wrist and thigh came from Bullet CE399. The unusual way that Bullet CE399 is deformed indicates it was tumbling when it stuck something hard. A tumbling bullet could have caused the entrance wound in Connally's back.

Also, if Connally's back wound was an exit wound, where did the bullet come from and where did it go? It has to have come out of nowhere, disappeared after exiting Connaly's body, and struck at the same moment as another bullet struck Connally in the wrist.

Fiver

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Thanks for the information.

I'm familiar with the above statements, and wondered if there's another side to the argument, a contradictory one that supports the notion that Oswald was capable of that shot.
Oswald's actual scores for marksmanship show he was quite capable of making the shot.