The Battle of Ain Jalut, 1260

Nov 2013
Holy City of MECCA
I agree, Mohamed himself was a great warrior and conqueror.
Of course, the Arabs had their own moments in history and have their contribution in the development of human civilization. I think the feared Saracens that invaded the Iberian peninsula were Arabs, correct me folks if i am wrong on this aspect.
Arabs and Berbers, the lack of the Arab and Berber women in that place they had to adapt and intermarriage, it is no wonder the Caliphs in Cordoba were Blonde haired and blue eyed (not being racist or anything). Some Spanish team did the DNA study and I checked it myself by counting the number of foreign women in the dynasty household it matches. The place was melting plot.

Nov 2013
Holy City of MECCA
These kids in the thread are insulting these heroic Muslim leaders like Baibers and Qutuz by infusing their so-called Turkic Nationalism in it.

Fun Fact: Qutuz threw his helmet on the ground and yelled "Wa Islamah" which means For Islam!! Not "Wa Turkah" this happened after his wife Gulnar got killed in the battle.
His title translates to: The Glorious King, Sword of Religion, QUTUZ.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
Arabs and Berbers, the lack of the Arab and Berber women in that place they had to adapt and intermarriage, it is no wonder the Caliphs in Cordoba were Blonde haired and blue eyed (not being racist or anything). Some Spanish team did the DNA study and I checked it myself by counting the number of foreign women in the dynasty household it matches. The place was melting plot.
Agree, with Cordoba being the melting pot because during its time it was the most advanced territory in Europe.

Nov 2013
Holy City of MECCA
Agree, with Cordoba being the melting pot because during its time it was the most advanced territory in Europe.
I also love the fact where they reached a huge diplomatic milestone where they invited Christian royalty into Cordoba. When Caliph Abd-ar-Rahman III invited his sis Aunt (she is the half-sister of his father) Toda of Navarre ( Kingdom of Pamplona/Navarre) to cure her grandson Sancho I of León also known as THE FAT (Kingdom of León) and it she was received with full honours, yeah the kid had some obesity problems luckily Hasdai ibn Shaprut the Caliph's personal physician and adviser cured him "relieved from his excessive corpulence."
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toda_of_Navarre]Toda of Navarre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The Caliph's only relation with Christian royalty was through his grandmother. Nevertheless this was the 10th century, not only that he opened diplomatic relationships with the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII probably an alliance against the Fatimid Navy also Tsar Peter I of Bulgaria, Louis IV of France, Pope John XII, and most importantly Otto I the great of the Holy Roman Empire.
The Cordoba was at it's peak during the 10th century. While the Abbasids were being de-centralized and ruled by a teenager.

Jul 2012
Bahrain
These kids in the thread are insulting these heroic Muslim leaders like Baibers and Qutuz by infusing their so-called Turkic Nationalism in it.

Fun Fact: Qutuz threw his helmet on the ground and yelled "Wa Islamah" which means For Islam!! Not "Wa Turkah" this happened after his wife Gulnar got killed in the battle.
His title translates to: The Glorious King, Sword of Religion, QUTUZ.
Being pride in one's race is not an unusual thing....its natural for any human being, and Islam doesn't forbade or preculde one from being proud of his race....only when it crosses the line and goes into prejudices and bias is where it would be unwelcomed....

Nov 2013
Holy City of MECCA
Being pride in one's race is not an unusual thing....its natural for any human being, and Islam doesn't forbade or preculde one from being proud of his race....only when it crosses the line and goes into prejudices and bias is where it would be unwelcomed....
Actually I would like to dispute the idea of being pride of your nation or your heritage or your ethnicity since you had no say it in the matter,the correct wording is "I'm happy being X", these are kids they are bound to take one step further and embarrass themselves. You can be proud of yourself after hardwork, but ZERO work for being a Lazy Turk, that seems illogical to me. Someday biology will be a mandatory subject before advancing in civilian life.

I just want to make a couple of comments regarding some of the early claims posted on in this forum. Its a busy month for me so I dont want to get into any protracted debates but if someone wishes to counter my point please cite a primary source.

1- There is no mention by any Mamluk era chroniclers about Arabs escaping during the battle of 'Ain Jalut. In fact the sources make little mention of the composition of the Mamluk forces. We know its core was Mamluks from Egypt as well as some Syrian Ayyubid contingents. I do not recall any mention of Arab (tribal) auxiliaries. This of course does not mean they did not participate.

2- And as for the nonsense claims about Arabs losing their martial skill. Sorry but that is simply bogus. We know that at the massive Second battle of Homs, Arab contingents not only participated but were largely responsible for the victory. According to al-Maqrizi, the Mamluk right flank was largely composed of Arab horsemen under 'Isa bin Muhanna. 'Isa and his horsemen held firm with the Mamluks against the onslaught of the Mongol left and routed it. They then turned against the Mongol centre thus relieving the pressure on the outnumbered Mamluk centre.
Source: al-Maqrizi, vol.2, p.146-7, Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyya, 1997

Last edited: